Author Topic: WHSTLE DOWN THE WIND  (Read 5309 times)

Gary

• View Profile
    • Email
WHSTLE DOWN THE WIND
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:41:39 AM »
I visited Downham a short while ago after finding out it was the location of the film Whistle down the wind.
Does anyone have any experiences from that time or were you in the film?
I would also like to know where some of the locations are as i intend a visit again.
I found the farm but couldnt pluck up enough courage to knock at the door to ask if i could photograph the outside buildings...do you know who owns it?
Where was the church and playground shots taken and are any of the main cast living in the area?
I found the bridge and the house where the shop was supposed to be.
Sorry to bore you all as this must be mundane stuff you have heard many times but i cant help but find it interesting.
Hope you can help....regards...Gary from Chesterfield

Bel

• View Profile
WHSTLE DOWN THE WIND
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 12:25:01 PM »
I think you must have the wrong Downham.  This is the Downham Estate  in the Borough of Lewisham (kent). Glad to hear from you though But sorry  I cant help you. Bel

Bel

• View Profile
WHSTLE DOWN THE WIND
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 12:25:16 PM »
I think you must have the wrong Downham.  This is the Downham Estate  in the Borough of Lewisham (kent). Glad to hear from you though But sorry  I cant help you. Bel

Graham

• View Profile
    • Email
Whistle Down The Wind.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 05:15:36 PM »
Greetings Gary,

I replied to your enquiry about the the film in the 'Photograph' section of 'The latest download' which will give some information about the film and a website you can visit.... Check it out.   Regards Graham A
Graham A

dickie eagle

Re: WHSTLE DOWN THE WIND
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 11:26:38 PM »
Quote from: Gary
I visited Downham a short while ago after finding out it was the location of the film Whistle down the wind.
I would also like to know where some of the locations are as i intend a visit again.Hope you can help....regards...Gary from Chesterfield
You area way off course friend. the Downham you want is in Lancashire, there is a bridge beside the Millstone hotel Downham Village has been the location for several films "Whistle down the wind" that you mention uses the ancient lore and reputation of the area for "mysterious" happenings associated with Black magic,(Witches & Warlocks !) and spooky Halloween hauntings etc. Nothing like our Downham Gary, I've worked at Pinewood (Fulmar) and Bray studios but only Somerton , and Penmeamawr on location.  hope this helps Dickie......................

dickie eagle

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 11:27:40 PM »
Quote from: Gary
I would also like to know where some of the locations are as i intend a visit again.Hope you can help....regards...Gary from Chesterfield
You area way off course friend. the Downham you want is in Lancashire, there is a bridge beside the Millstone hotel Downham Village has been the location for several films "Whistle down the wind" that you mention uses the ancient lore and reputation of the area for "mysterious" happenings associated with Black magic,(Witches & Warlocks !) and spooky Halloween hauntings etc. Nothing like our Downham Gary, I've worked at Pinewood (Fulmar) and Bray studios but only Somerton , and Penmeamawr on location.  hope this helps Dickie......................

dickie eagle

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 11:33:45 PM »
[/quote]Sorry I forgot it is near Blackburn