Author Topic: Short break  (Read 6277 times)

Dickie Eagle

Short break
« on: August 09, 2004, 08:58:56 AM »
Getting rushed off my feet with all the traffic coming on line so I an taking a break.Just a week at a caravan site just outside Whitby , should be fun as everything is laid on. I will think of all you lovely people and will give Tony a wave as we go through be good, Dickie..............

Dickie Eagle

Re: Short break
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:17:21 PM »
Quote from: Dickie Eagle
Getting rushed off my feet with all the traffic coming on line so I an taking a break.Just a week at a caravan site just outside Whitby , should be fun as everything is laid on. I will think of all you lovely people and will give Tony a wave as we go through be good, Dickie..............
sorry folk as my grandaughter has just corected our destination not whitby but WHITLEY BAY wherever that is, somewhere up north I gather !  byee X  dickie.............

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 10:44:08 PM »
Getting rushed off my feet with all the traffic coming on line so I an taking a break.Just a week at a caravan site just outside Whitby ,

Wherever you go Dickie, may you have a wonderful time.  I haven't been online much recently.  An overactive thyroid knocked me for six and zapped my brain - among other unpleasant things.  I'm on treatment now and have recovered the my zest for life and enthusiasm for Downham online.  I may even get those photos ready soon!
Brenda

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 10:44:29 PM »
Getting rushed off my feet with all the traffic coming on line so I an taking a break.Just a week at a caravan site just outside Whitby ,

Wherever you go Dickie, may you have a wonderful time.  I haven't been online much recently.  An overactive thyroid knocked me for six and zapped my brain - among other unpleasant things.  I'm on treatment now and have recovered my zest for life and enthusiasm for Downham online.  I may even get those photos ready soon!
Brenda

Dickie Eagle

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 06:53:02 PM »
Getting rushed off my feet with all the traffic coming on line so I an taking a break.Dickie..............
         Looks as though everyone is taking a break with me ! ! ! Come on you lot we don't want Downham and all its memories die a death. I for one would like to think that in our way we are also keeping Keith's memories  and his Downham alive , I miss the old fellah. and his mental apptitude of enjoying life that was available despite his problems,and he could give us all a smile in doing so. Please it will take ten minutes of your time to appraise us all of how you others experienced knowing and growing up in your area of "Dirty Dahnum"  and who you knew and where you knew and grew up with. Please, we like making new friends. Thanks,  Dickie.....

Dickie Eagle

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 07:08:06 PM »
Wherever you go Dickie, may you have a wonderful time.  I haven't been online much recently.  An overactive thyroid knocked me for six and zapped my brain - among other unpleasant things.
Brenda[/quote]
    Sorry Brenda love.you've had a few knocks lately or are you and Syd doing turns about ? Overactive Thyroid ! ! !   I thought that affected people in the "Let's be Happy " department . Oh well another bubble burst eh ? Hope you are back on form and enjoying chasing Bulls, and snakes ,herding cows etc. , cos you are back into the hot season soon . We are being deluged.and I have now a pump to extract water out of my Fishpond which tends to overflow.. 'bye now, cos it's time I had a little flirt with Beryl before she thinks she has been deserted . see you  X      Dickie...................

Bel

• View Profile
Short break
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »
:D Hello there,  glad to see you are back from holiday Dickie, you have been missed. Hope you are on the mend Brenda. Am having a reunion with cousins etc., at Southend soon us being the last of the family. Two of them the Goldsmiths came from Reigate Road Downham (but unfortunately like a lot of others I have met like to pretend they didnt). Cant understand it myself as I thought I was one of the elite when I lived their as a kiddy. Yes lets keep Keith's memory going he really did love Downham. Have had the decorators in and new carpet  laid. Thought of the old times when all we had was a small rug made by my father which was supposed to have black tulips on it , but in fact looked like 3 tatty cats. Too much choice now, which in turn leads to more stress. Oh well ther sun is shining and all is well.  Bel

Anonymous

Short break
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 11:03:14 PM »
Quote from: Bel
:Hope you are on the mend Brenda. .I was one of the elite when I lived their as a kiddy. Yes lets keep Keith's memory going he really did love Downham.

Hallo folks,

Yes, I am very much on the mend, thank you.  I'm told it will take a few months for my leg and pelvis muscles to fully regenerate but it will happen.  In the meantime, I feel as if I am walking on blancmange.  I've got about 18months on medication and then, hopefully, a period of remission.  After that, it seems, the medication is unlikely to be effective and it's either irradiation of the gland or surgery.  I'll worry about all that when the time comes.  At least I have a manageable condition.
Like you Bel, I thought I was the luckiest child in the world to live on Downham.  When we went to see Granny in Bromley-by-Bow, I felt so sorry for children living there as they didn't have gardens.   I shall never be ashamed of my origins and, more than ever now I am older, I am grateful to my parents for making such a good home and giving me such a good childhood.
We're having mild conditions here - having an estimated 22oC this week and we're not out of winter yet.  Yep Dickie, those blasted long wigglies will be waking up soon.  I've already come across a couple of skinks, one was walking across the living room floor.
We've had some good rain and will start this summer with good stores.  I've seen the rain in Cornwall - awful, isn't it?  This world is either feast or famine.
I've sent Mike a photo of our area to put in the Gallery.  I still can't work it properly.  I am a techno-idiot.
Brenda

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
short break
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 10:01:49 PM »
Quote from: Bel
:D Hello there,  Am having a reunion with cousins etc., at Southend soon us being the last of the family. Two of them the Goldsmiths came from Reigate Road Downham (but unfortunately like a lot of others I have met like to pretend they didnt).  Bel
 We did have some Goldsmiths up the top end of Tristram Rd., I think one was a friend of my brother Joe. and he was a Jockey.
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bel

• View Profile
Short break
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 10:14:23 AM »
I remember that one of my Uncles brothers relatives was a Jockey, because my mother always put a shilling on the horse that he was riding. Bel