Author Topic: The lone ranger !  (Read 3845 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
The lone ranger !
« on: July 25, 2004, 02:49:27 PM »
Hi wherever you are, I feel lonely. I haven't even got a horse . It's a fair bet that out of every 100 folk who read this there Must be by the law of averages at least one who can also write. No comments about no lead in your pencil. put it to the test. Try one letter after the other and practice until you get a word. Then one word after the other until you have a sentence, string a few sentences together and Hurrah ! we can comunicate. Right ?. So let us have you..    Dickie.......
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Anonymous

Re: The lone ranger !
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 10:48:22 PM »
Quote from: Dick Eagle
Hi wherever you are, I feel lonely.
Good to hear from you again Dickie, I was getting rather worried about you.  I was beginning to think it was going to be just Bel and me.
Brenda

Bel

• View Profile
The lone ranger !
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 11:05:23 PM »
:lol: Hi Dickie, ten out of ten for trying. Yes where are you all? On holiday, left home, hibernating ?  Hope you are feeling better now Dickie and Brenda. The weather is lovely at the moment and my little dog has been for some lovely long walks along by the river. Also went to Southend and that is one place that hasnt changed much. Remember when I was a kid and that was our annual trip out. A tram to Fenchurch Street (the workmans tram at 5.30 am) and then the train down to Southend. Breakfast in the British Home Stores a paddle in the mud,a trip round the Kursal,fish and chips for dinner, and then home, dirty, tired and happy. Lovely.............Bel

Dickie eagle

Back in the saddle !
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 08:26:22 AM »
Quote from: Bel
:lol: Hi Dickie, ten out of ten for trying. Yes where are you all? On holiday, left home, hibernating ?  Hope you are feeling better now Dickie and Brenda. Morning, nice to hear from both you lovely ladiesand hope you are both full of the joy of Summer. Ours arriving Bel, and Brenda's just departing, cooler now Plum ?. Cor and "Sahfend and the Kursaal"nice, do you know they have just started a Paddle Steamer run from Tower Bridge again down to Southend, but its the "Daffodil" whereas we used to do a 20 knot run on the"Golden Eagle" or the "Crested Eagle Paddle boats before the war. I believe the Navy took them over and modified them for Minesweeping. The Germans actually fired a torpedo at one and because of its shallow draft (about eight feet    ) the missile went straight underneath ! ! Think I might make that a day out, and then home, dirty, tired and happy. Lovely.............Bel
& dickie
lBig X X each back soon   Dickie.......