Author Topic: Funerals  (Read 3658 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Funerals
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
Just been back to the old estate to a friends uncles funeral at hither green crem. I seem to go to more funerals than weddings as i get older. I met up with people who are a little older than me including my old Scout Leaders wife, we all had a long chat about the old days on the estate and i have told them about this site, so hopfully they will register. Mike i know you may be busy but a few others have said that they have tried to register in the past and have not got on, this could be a breakdown in communications.  I love this site and i feel that new blood will help it keep going and you never Know but old friends could reunite or just old memories kept going. Speak to you soon. John.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Funerals
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
Just been back to the old estate to a friends uncles funeral at hither green crem. I seem to go to more funerals than weddings as i get older.

Sadly, the losses come more frequently as we age.  It's the natural order of things but I don't know that it makes it any easier as we say more 'goodbyes'.

Bren

Rosemary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »
Hi re post above who was your old Scout Leader?  past prefabs resident :)

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »

Hi Rosemary.  Which prefabs did you live in?  I had an Uncle who lived in Persant Road, near Torringdon Road.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:24 AM »
Tha name evades me at the moment but he was the leader of 22nd Lewisham South based first in Pendragon Road School then went to Ballamore Road school now known as Merlin. I remember a lad who was a little older than me who lived in the Prefabs and went to my Scout Group, He had polio so had a withered leg that was in irons. I met him some years later and he decided to have the leg Amputated. That makes you think ! ( My ex leader now retired now lives in Minard Road if that helps).
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 02:49:16 PM »
  DICKIE  when in the 13th Lewisham  South my Scoutmasters were Dr. Stirling 1936 0n, followed by the Vicar of St. Barnabas The Reverend Fred Sayer up to the War followed by two others who I only knew as Frank followed by Fred . we managed to lose a few like Bert Jordan RAF, Ivan Plumb RAF,Arthur Adams RAF, plus a half dozen other unfortunates . Fred Sayer married Lucy,Lady Motte and we all went to the wedding at Much Hadham.    dickie............. X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)