Author Topic: 2009  (Read 3282 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:57:07 PM »
I'm beating you this time, Pauline i.e. "Where's everyone gone?"

I trust 2009 is treating you all well.  I believe it is hot out west, Pauline.  We've had some scorchers here and it's going to be a very warm week but we have had some cooler days to help bear it.  Syd was called out to a fire a week ago. It was caused, we believe, by someone fishing in a dam and being careless with a cigarette. Do people never learn?

The snakes are about and turning up in our garden in droves. Well, that's a gross exaggeration - only two really! Still, they were big and one was absolutely huge.  Fortunately, I spotted them before the dogs did. Syd took the dogs back to the house while I watched and waited. The whopper ended up either under Syd's shed or in it.  Even he, had a bit of a look round before he went into it the following day. Syd is notoriously unobservant and careless. 

So, who's doing what?

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »
Well it is freezing @#%* cold here, and lots of snow. Mrs "Smiffy" Pam had a bone scan at the Hospital recently, otherwise the oncologist at the cancer clinic is very pleased with her progress. She really looks good, but then she always did, (She is looking over my shoulder as I type). "OK you can let go of my ear know I typed something nice".  All this fuss over the new president, bus loads of Canadians are going to the inauguration, I wonder if he will live up to his word. I know a lot of American,British,Canadian,Australian soldiers have died in Iraq & Afghanistan, but I hope he pulls his troops out and the other country's follow the same way.  this terrorism business has rely got out of hand , too many innocent people getting killed. So thats my statement, I'll get off the soap box now and leave it for some one else.   Smiffy :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: 2009
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:32:22 AM »
I'm beating you this time, Pauline i.e. "Where's everyone gone?"

I trust 2009 is treating you all well.  I believe it is hot out west, Pauline.  We've had some scorchers here and it's going to be a very warm week but we have had some cooler days to help bear it.  Syd was called out to a fire a week ago. It was caused, we believe, by someone fishing in a dam and being careless with a cigarette. Do people never learn?

The snakes are about and turning up in our garden in droves. Well, that's a gross exaggeration - only two really! Still, they were big and one was absolutely huge.  Fortunately, I spotted them before the dogs did. Syd took the dogs back to the house while I watched and waited. The whopper ended up either under Syd's shed or in it.  Even he, had a bit of a look round before he went into it the following day. Syd is notoriously unobservant and careless. 

So, who's doing what?

Bren

Well it is freezing @#%* cold here, and lots of snow. Mrs "Smiffy" Pam had a bone scan at the Hospital recently, otherwise the oncologist at the cancer clinic is very pleased with her progress. She really looks good, but then she always did, (She is looking over my shoulder as I type). "OK you can let go of my ear know I typed something nice".  All this fuss over the new president, bus loads of Canadians are going to the inauguration, I wonder if he will live up to his word. I know a lot of American,British,Canadian,Australian soldiers have died in Iraq & Afghanistan, but I hope he pulls his troops out and the other country's follow the same way.  this terrorism business has rely got out of hand , too many innocent people getting killed. So thats my statement, I'll get off the soap box now and leave it for some one else.   Smiffy :)

Brenda
We have had some real scorchers, 41 deg one day last week and around 37 for the rest.  Today is 28 deg, and much more pleasant.  The dogs didn't like the heat much, luckily we have the nephew of one of my sons friends staying with us, so the dogs could stay indoors, but they would be undercover, the sea breeze would come in eventually and they had plency of water.  Haven't seen any wrigglies yet, probably too hot for them, plenty of bandicoots and bobtails.  Friends from Essex arriving on Thursday so i will have 5 weeks off work.  We had a fire in Kings Park, didn't self combust, some d---head lit it, I think they should roast them over a spit if they catch them.
Our dog Tella is still with us, she is still on aspirin and injections but keeping out of trouble.

Smiffy
Glad Mrs Smiffys doctor is pleased, it must be a worry for you both.  Gosh I don't miss the snow at all.  My grandchildren had never seen snow, so their parents took them to Mount Buller in July 2007, they are all over it now, been there, done that, not impressed.  Not sure if push came to shove whether I would prefer to be hot than cold, but the wind chill was just terrible on the Isle of Sheppey, straight off the North Sea it came. Many the year we were marooned for a few days.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.