Author Topic: Everyone's gone missing again!!!!!  (Read 10672 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Everyone's gone missing again!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »
sounds like you had a good result Pauline.  I tried talking to my apple tree and my runner beans, but I dont think they liked the tone of voice I used. We have had a few good days here and my son has hired a "tower" to paint the outside of the house ( having   3 stories being a town house) but he is finding it very difficult as he has found out he doesnt like heights. The nights are drawing in and the shops are full of Halloween gear, fireworks and Christmas cards already which i find very depressing as I feel we havnt had a summer yet.I must have blinked and missed it.  Love Belx
Doesn't just get annoying all the American Festivals we take on, seems it's not just us who are becoming Americanised.

Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 09:04:26 AM »
sounds like you had a good result Pauline.  I tried talking to my apple tree and my runner beans, but I dont think they liked the tone of voice I used. We have had a few good days here and my son has hired a "tower" to paint the outside of the house ( having   3 stories being a town house) but he is finding it very difficult as he has found out he doesnt like heights. The nights are drawing in and the shops are full of Halloween gear, fireworks and Christmas cards already which i find very depressing as I feel we havnt had a summer yet.I must have blinked and missed it.  Love Belx

I know how you feel Belx, I have spoken to my car a lot of times but it still plays me up, I shout at my piano when it plays a wrong note, I know I am just a beginner, but  give me a break let's get a long. Yes I am going crazy but it feels so good, don't care what happens everything is Rosie and I'm having a great time. :) ;) :D ??? P.S.  I try not to talk to myself because it always ends up in an argument.

My Computer has a dyslexic keyboard.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.

Bel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »
well at least you can have the last word.

christine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
Bel - think I saw my first Christmas cards in June at our local National Trust shop.  Was in John Lewis, Kingston, last weekend and the Christmas department is looking fabulous - the trees are up and beautifully decorated and the advent calendars are waiting to be bought.  Only thing is - the weather outside was fabulous and we had lunch in the garden of my daughter's new place, drinking cold wine and trying not to get sunburnt!  That was summer, that was....

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »
Bel - think I saw my first Christmas cards in June at our local National Trust shop.  Was in John Lewis, Kingston, last weekend and the Christmas department is looking fabulous - the trees are up and beautifully decorated and the advent calendars are waiting to be bought.  Only thing is - the weather outside was fabulous and we had lunch in the garden of my daughter's new place, drinking cold wine and trying not to get sunburnt!  That was summer, that was....
I still cannot get used to Christmas here.  After years of shopping in the rain and fog, and steam coming out of your clothes as they dry in the shop, Christmas here is still a bit strange.  It will be quieter this year.  My daughter and her family have decided to go on a cruise over Christmas, all around the South Pacific, so we will have Christmas when they get back.  Will be a bit strange.  But my sons little ones will be here, so it won't be so bad.
We too have the Christmas decorations out in the shops - I still cannot find my purple Christmas tree!!!!