Author Topic: Modern day photo request  (Read 3827 times)

falkor

• View Profile
    • Southeast London and Northwest Kent Local History
Modern day photo request
« on: February 18, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »
Does anyone know where I might find a photo of this? When I went there it was already gone--demolished quite recently--though I remember it well.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Modern day photo request
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »
Homebase Pond had me guessing until I realised that it was Peter Pan's Pool.The island in the centre had quite a history as a refuge of one Jack Slade who was something to do with Wat Tyler. it was eventually given to Great Ormond Street children's hospital by James Barry (The author of "Peter Pan") hence Peter Pans pool ! on the Catford side of the pool (and Playground ) was the leat which could be raised or lowered to adjust the water level for the old mill and which was used by the blacksmith which moved on to the Mill site             dickie............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Modern day photo request
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »
Does anyone know where I might find a photo of this? When I went there it was already gone--demolished quite recently--though I remember it well.

Have you tried www.downhamoriginals? Might be worth contacting them.