Author Topic: Haircuts - Pets Corner  (Read 15880 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Haircuts - Pets Corner
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »
With apologises to readers for an ex Catfordite passing on memories as my only connection with Downham was catching the 124 bus to Downham swimming baths. Anyhow could be these memories may make interesing reading ?

Dat, all memories are welcome whether or not from someone who actually lived on the estate or not.  Anyway, Catford was an extended part of home territory as far as I'm concerned.

Love the anecdote about the cigar!

My own memories of the Hippodrome and going to the pantomime are mixed. Obviously, the panto itself was a source of colour and excitement and wonder, but as we were always up in the gods, I spent the entire time too scared to move as much as an inch in my seat in case I fell over the balcony!

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 04:24:49 AM »
With apologises to readers for an ex Catfordite passing on memories as my only connection with Downham was catching the 124 bus to Downham swimming baths. Anyhow could be these memories may make interesing reading ?

Dat, all memories are welcome whether or not from someone who actually lived on the estate or not.  Anyway, Catford was an extended part of home territory as far as I'm concerned.

Love the anecdote about the cigar!

My own memories of the Hippodrome and going to the pantomime are mixed. Obviously, the panto itself was a source of colour and excitement and wonder, but as we were always up in the gods, I spent the entire time too scared to move as much as an inch in my seat in case I fell over the balcony!

Bren

My only recollection was that the roof opened. 
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
And I don't remember the roof opening at all.  If I knew that, I'd have probably been scared of being sucked out by some strange force of nature!

Bren