Author Topic: Come back Guy Fawks all is forgiven  (Read 7450 times)

Dickie Eagle

Come back Guy Fawks all is forgiven
« on: November 01, 2003, 11:22:57 PM »
Time to go all nostalgic folks, at least Brenda will. Fireworks at the bottom of the garden as the "Blues and Royals" of the Household Cavalry celebrate with a Grand Pyrotechnic display. I wonder if they have to sedate their horses?, Don't fret Bren they aren't a touch on the old Crystal Palace Displays that we saw from the top of Durham Hill,even the last glorious conflagration as the Palace burnt down,and also viewed from the same spot ot the top of Durham Hill we will never see the likes again, or will we?. I suppose we can always finish the job for Guy and burn down the house of Parliament ! I insist Tony B liar, Prescot ,  Brown, AND Robin cook all take their seats before I strike the match ...... Have you noticed they are all Scots ! what are they doing in an English Parliament ? England for the English deport the Scots now they have devolution. We don't need Robin Cook, the ugly little garden gnome,send 'im 'ome back to the land where the Haggis grow.  Ho hum , off to Brighton tomorrow for the old Crocks race   'night all,  Dickie ...........

Graham

• View Profile
    • Email
Dickies rant and rave
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 02:14:05 AM »
I thought this would be a site to exchange the common ground of general interest in Downham, it's people, lifestyle and to keep memories alive.

At least, that's why I joined.

Let's keep in non-political and racial. I find your remarks better kept to yourself. My dear mother always taught us kids that "If you don't have anything nice to say...Keep your trap shut"

I recall you saying in the old style Chat room something about "Japs." Take a look at my pictures and see a wonderful Japanese woman.

No offense Dickie...Just had to get it off my chest.

Regards,     Graham.
Graham A

Dickie eagle

Re: Dickies rant and rave
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 11:17:53 AM »
Quote from: Graham
I thought this would be a site to exchange the common ground of general interest in Downham, it's people, lifestyle and to keep memories al
I recall you saying in the old style Chat room something about "Japs." Take a look at my pictures and see a wonderful Japanese woman.
No offense Dickie...Just had to get it off my chest.
Regards,     Graham.
 It would be nice to go through life blandly and love all the earth's people. Unfortunately a war got in the way of my generation,with me it did involve the Nipponese gentry, a few chums were lost and Six were beheaded at Changi  AFTER mainland Japan surrendered They were the Naval crews of aircraft shot down during the attack on Palembang (Oil refineries). We should have reciprocated and executed every Nip taken prisoner in Singapore. And Graham my "Room girl " when I was based at Iwakuni was a nice japanese too ! So I and a few others will rant on. No offence,  Dickie E.........

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Politics and Racial
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 11:55:22 AM »

Good on ya Dickie,
Aparently some old ex poms have lost there cockny sence of humer,
that was the way we spoke in them days, freedom of speach etc.
but now they want us to say Postperson not Postman, the yank's call there wimin Sir, I prefered it when you could say what you ment.
All the best mate from Keith ( K9 )
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Re: Politics and Racial
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 04:41:38 PM »
Quote from: Keith

Good on ya Dickie,
Aparently some old ex poms have lost there cockny sence of humer,
that was the way we spoke in them days, freedom of speach etc.
but now they want us to say Postperson not Postman, the yank's call there wimin Sir, I prefered it when you could say what you ment.
All the best mate from Keith ( K9 )
[/quote Keith mate, Thanks a bunch. We do have a load of "Politically proper" types here what  with Greenwich wanting to change the name Blackheath (in case we offended anyone), and Wandsworth Town Hall insisting you could not have "black" or "White" coffee ! you must ask for coffee with,or without Cream So it goes on. I wonder if they are nice to the Indians in Canada ? . Enjoy your summer Blue, I envy Your dip in the briny, I might join you for some winter sun.   Dickie E...........

Ron Mac

Racial Intolerance
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 12:31:15 AM »
Whilst I accept Dickie's comments were made somewhat tongue in cheek, the fact is that it was an unexeptable racial slur.

My wife and I both being Scottish have lived and worked in Downham for forty years or so and have made a significant contribution to young peoples recreation and culture of the Downham community.

Although quite able to manage Dickie's less than well thought through comments, I believe that if we wish to encourage a wider use of this excellent site by a broad selection people from various cultures, we each need to be more tolerant in our comments when posting.

As the poet says:- 'Man tae man the world awer will brothers (and sisters) be for aw that'.

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 01:15:37 PM »

And a braw brikt moon likt nikt to you Mac.
Regards Keith. ( K9 )
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Re: Racial Intolerance
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 08:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Ron Mac
Whilst I accept Dickie's comments were made somewhat tongue in cheek, the fact is that it was an unexeptable racial slur.
My wife and I both being Scottish have lived and worked in Downham for forty years or so and have made a significant contribution to young peoples recreation and culture of the Downham community.
Although quite able to manage Dickie's less than well thought through comments, I believe that if we wish to encourage a wider use of this excellent site by a broad selection people from various cultures, we each need to be more tolerant in our comments when posting.
As the poet says:- 'Man tae man the world awer will brothers (and sisters) be for aw that'.
   Ah ken weel ! thanks for the wee bit of Rabbie but don't blame my Irish forbears (Paternal), it could be the Maternal line what with ma ould Gran being one Esther Helen Cameron McCleod wi' a braw sense of humour,even she got to like Downham and would happily sit on Durham hill and have the nerve to sing "These are my Mountains". I've lived in Gourock. Helensburgh, Rhu and Kilcreggan and if you want predjudice try a match with Celtic and the 'Gers oan a setterday  There you are. I must get on with my ranting, it keeps me going  Dickie E[/quote]

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dickies rant and rave
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 06:41:25 PM »
Quote from: Graham
I thought this would be a site to exchange the common ground of general interest in Downham, it's people, lifestyle and to keep memories alive.At least, that's why I joined.
Let's keep in non-political and racial. I find your remarks better kept to yourself. My dear mother always taught us kids that "If you don't have anything nice to say...Keep your trap shut"
No offense Dickie...Just had to get it off my chest.Regards,     Graham.
Okay Graham,you have your own Madam Butterfly and are content.. You will have to accept tha when six aircrew from the Palembang raid were captured they were taken to Changhi and then executed SIX WEEKS AFTER MAINLAND JAPAN HAD SURRENDERED. The japanese still refues to admit it was an atrocity. and I for one wish they had dropped the third atomic weapon on Tokio... Dickie.....
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »
I think you will find that Robin Cook has already gone there!

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 11:01:16 PM »
Quote from: Bel
I think you will find that Robin Cook has already gone there!
  Bel my Angel, what squadron was Robin Cook on ? I thought our philandering friend was a right honorable Garden Gnome first class (deceased )    dickie.........................X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)