Author Topic: Over-Whelmed  (Read 11868 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Over-Whelmed
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
Er...um...semi whats?

BREN

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 02:46:10 AM »
Er...um...semi whats?

BREN

Tut Tut Brenda!!!!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Semi-detached I would suggest

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »
Ah, a joker in our midst!

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 10:45:32 PM »
The Australians beat South Africa in the Semi-Finals, I told you they would be in the finals. Crickets a good game. You have to have the feeling for it . Pauline understands. :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 11:11:38 PM »
Did they indeed?  And when was that?  Oh alright, I confess I have enjoyed watching a decent game from time to time.  And an even bigger confession, I really did enjoy watching the World Cup Soccer whenever it was last on - and I don't even like the game!  In fact, I got quite excited watching the underdogs play and put up a good fight.  I don't think I'd like to get too excited too often though - takes up too much energy!

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 10:18:44 AM »
C'mon People - Let me know what you are doing - we're being over-whelmed by the Area Residents Panel.
  Going backwards but this quote is really for Brenda, here comes Plum ! :- 
" We tried hard,but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up we would be re-organised. I learned later in life that men do tend to meet each situation by re-organising. It is a wonderful method for creating the illusion of progress while it creates confusion,inefficiency and demoralisation "
 penned in A.D 66 by Gaius Petronius................. things never change do they ?
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 02:54:05 AM »
C'mon People - Let me know what you are doing - we're being over-whelmed by the Area Residents Panel.
  Going backwards but this quote is really for Brenda, here comes Plum ! :- 
" We tried hard,but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up we would be re-organised. I learned later in life that men do tend to meet each situation by re-organising. It is a wonderful method for creating the illusion of progress while it creates confusion,inefficiency and demoralisation "
 penned in A.D 66 by Gaius Petronius................. things never change do they ?

You know this happens a lot where I work.  I work in the library of a University here in Perth, and the powers that be are always re-organising, although now days it's called 'reshaping'.  Partitions are put up, then taken down, teaching divisions are merged then unmerged then merged again.  We are currently having our office 'reshaped' all the walls and partitions are being removed to make us one big happy family.   We have a new 'boss'.  But we keep telling her that this big happy family approach didn't work last time, or the time before.  It caused noise and distraction.  But the walls will come down (we are calling her Joshua) and I will let you know when they go up again.   We must have a budget surplus, and have to spend it quick before the University decide we don't need extra funding.
I think I will use Gaius Petronis' thoughts on my email signature - might cause some thought, although I doubt it, when Joshua puts her mind to something...........
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 03:58:09 AM »
Love the quote Dickie.  It seems little changes through the ages. Although I confess I am not quite sure why the quote was intended for me in particular.  I'm afraid I'm a bit slow on the uptake these days.