Author Topic: Leisure centre open!  (Read 9455 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Leisure centre open!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:09 AM »

Thank you for aiming your reply to me but actually it was Amanda who was looking for a relative.  Hopefully she has been able to get further in her search - any news yet Amanda?  I have though recently thought about tracking down ancestors (like a lot of people nowadays - probably something to do with all the TV programmes on the subject) and it would probably be an interesting project but as my father was the last surviving child in a family of thirteen it did seem a bit daunting!  I know that my maternal grandmother had sisters who went to Australia and Canada at the turn of the last century but unfortunately I do not know their maiden names so cannot check on the boat lists that are now published. 

Regards
Chris

If anyone is looking for relatives in Australia, providing they don't have a really common name, I would be only too happy to look in phone books. Alternatively the Australian White Pages online is considered the best in the world, so you could look yourselves: www.whitepages.com.au.   I found my long lost relatives by looking in the phone book, writing to all the people with that name 'Moorby' not a common name, and found long lost cousins.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.