Author Topic: persoal loss  (Read 6984 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
persoal loss
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:14:02 PM »
Just a message to my friends, you may find me subdued for a while because on  Thursay last August 31st. my son passed away at home. he had suffered cancer for the last few years and finally succumbed to one of the most odious diseases man has yet to beat.  he will be cremated on thurs after a service at St. Sarkis armenian church in South Kensingtonon Thursday at 11.30  where he was married ,  and thence to Mortlake crematoria. we hope his ashes will be spread on some spot he loved at Kew.  sadly dickie.........
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bel

• View Profile
persoal loss
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »
what very very sad news Dickie. That is something as parents we hope never to experience. Our thoughts are with you and your family.  Belx

Lindylou2_2002

• View Profile
persoal loss
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
My thoughts are with you at this sad sad time.
having lost a parent and still feeling that loss. I cant imagine how I would feel if I lost one of my babies.
I will be thinking of you on Thursday.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
persoal loss
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss Dickie.  It's very hard when it is someone so close. Thoughts are with you. Smudge
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

tonythesame

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: persoal loss
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »
Quote from: Dickie eagle
Just a message to my friends, you may find me subdued for a while because on  Thursay last August 31st. my son passed away at home. he had suffered cancer for the last few years and finally succumbed to one of the most odious diseases man has yet to beat.  he will be cremated on thurs after a service at St. Sarkis armenian church in South Kensingtonon Thursday at 11.30  where he was married ,  and thence to Mortlake crematoria. we hope his ashes will be spread on some spot he loved at Kew.  sadly dickie.........

Very Sorry to hear of your loss Dickie. I still remember your concern for mine. The suffering is now finished. Kindest regards from Tony & Partner Mavis.
Born Nichols Lane Bromley August 1929 brought up by Grandparents and father at 57 Goudhurst Rd Moved to Westminster Fire Station 1955 and to Derbyshire 1962. retired 1984.

derrick Durrantgoudhurst1

• View Profile
    • Email
Personal loss.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:22:59 AM »
As a father myself,my heart goes out to you, and your family Dickie. Derek.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
So sorry
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:52:13 AM »
Hi Dickie - I'm so sorry to hear of your sad sad loss. It's never right for our childre to pre-decease us, and is one of the toughest things to bear for a parent - I lost a brother at 14 and know how terrible it was for my parents and the family.

I hope the service goes well on Thursday, as a celebration of his life, and that you manage to sort out the ashes at Kew - what a wonderful place that is.

Mike

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »

So sorry Dickie.  You know we will ALL be thinking of you.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 02:17:43 AM »
Just a message to my friends, you may find me subdued for a while because on  Thursay last August 31st. my son passed away at home. he had suffered cancer for the last few years   sadly dickie.........
'

Dickie dear, this is a dreadful time for you and the family.  My thoughts and heart are with you all.
Bren

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 12:05:10 AM »
'Dickie dear, this is a dreadful time for you and the family.  My thoughts and heart are with you all.Bren[/quote]                                                            Thanks ror all your sympathy and support ,it has been difficult and my wife and daughter-in law Rita have been very brave through a depressing period. The service of thanks was very well presented with both the original Armenian and English translation,to an assembled congregation packing the church, I never realised that Richard had so many good friends , so too was the crematorial service at the appropriately named Mortlake.  The celebration became almost a Wake  with so many relatives and friends and neighbours  coming in throughout the evening.  to share our goodbyes to a wonderful son though I think a part of me must have died with my son also    Dickie.........
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »
to share our goodbyes to a wonderful son though I think a part of me must have died with my son also    Dickie.........[/quote]

Yes, I am sure you do Dickie. When someone we love goes out of our lives, the space they leave never quite fills up again, does it?

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:21 AM »
Quote from: Brenda
to share our goodbyes to a wonderful son though I think a part of me must have died with my son also    Dickie.........

Yes, I am sure you do Dickie. When someone we love goes out of our lives, the space they leave never quite fills up again, does it?

Bren[/quote]

Same goes for me Dickie, as you get older there seem to be more spaces. smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.