Author Topic: continuity day?  (Read 5684 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
continuity day?
« on: April 08, 2006, 06:57:56 PM »
I have been informed by my granddaughter that at two minutes to three on May 4th. the date will read 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06. who am I to complain as at that Witching hour I will be keeping my pillow warm. hope you are enjoying the last of winter and looking forward to a warm Spring a warmer Summer    dickie..................
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: continuity day?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 01:00:11 AM »
Quote from: Dick Eagle
I have been informed by my granddaughter that at two minutes to three on May 4th. the date will read 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06. who am I to complain as at that Witching hour I will be keeping my pillow warm. hope you are enjoying the last of winter and looking forward to a warm Spring a warmer Summer    dickie..................

I think there was one of those in April too Dickie, can't remember how it went now. It's finally getting warmer here, will be able to sit outside smoke the pipe in my tee shirt, no it's ok girls I will have shorts on as well. My better half tells me I have lovely legs, then She reminds me shame about yer big head. That's it time for a cuppa I'll put the kettle on. Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:53:37 PM »

Good one - what an observant granddaughter.

We seem to have kissed goodbye to the hot days (thank goodness) very suddenly.  It was pretty nippy up here at dawn but we are going to have a sunny day which will take the chill off the bones but not roast us alive.
We've also had a little bit of much needed rain so all is well with the world.

We have the pleasure of having Syd's niece stay with us for a few days.  She hails from Devon, lives in Sheffield and is working in Oz for a year.  It's the first time we've met her and I have to say she is a lovely girl in every way.

Hope you are all hale and hearty.

Bren

Bel

• View Profile
continuity day?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:52:57 AM »
The garden has at last come to life. We have a hosepipe ban here and in spite of heavy rain the ground is still dry. It is bright and sunny today, but  some parts of Kent had snow last night!  My granddaughter has just come back from Oz., after travelling for a year, and brought back over 1,000 photos which we spent several hours looking at together. I now feel as tho I did the journey with her.  Belx

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »
Quote from: JSmith

I think there was one of those in April too Dickie, can't remember how it went now. It's finally getting warmer here, will be able to sit outside smoke the pipe in my tee shirt, no it's ok girls I will have shorts on as well. My better half tells me I have lovely legs, then She reminds me shame about yer big head. That's it time for a cuppa I'll put the kettle on. Smiffy

On the first Thursday of April, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

This won't happened again for a thousand years.

You may now return to your normal life.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:51:09 AM »
Quote from: Pauline
Quote from: JSmith

On the first Thursday of April, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

This won't happened again for a thousand years.

You may now return to your normal life.

Of course I mean MAY not April.  Obviously my normal life isn't up to scratch.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.