Author Topic: Downham originals  (Read 13218 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
Downham originals
« on: September 22, 2003, 12:15:55 AM »
Friends, you might want to look at www.downhamoriginals.org.uk
It's a website that the old Downham Reminiscence Group has recently set up.  I haven't been able to access the photos (Keith, you might be able to advise me on that one) which may well have some interesting treasures for us to peruse.
Brenda

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Great stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 11:23:16 AM »
Thanks Brenda - will add a link to the front page to this site

Dickie Eagle

Re: Downham originals
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 10:55:26 PM »
Quote from: Brenda
It's a website that the old Downham Reminiscence Group has recently set up.  I haven't been able to access the photos (Keith, you might be able to advise me on that one) which may well have some interesting treasures for us to peruse.
Brenda
Bren Sweetie I will have a bash at the "Originals"if I can find them. I did pay a Fiver to" Friendsreunited"  but I'm afraid all I got for my money was a receipt. I don't like it as a site they want information off you free which they can retail through "Upgrades" which they charge a Fiver a time for so I'm opting out of that one,think about it'though I do think Mike needs a hand financially.    Dickie E...................

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 12:19:52 AM »
Quote from: Dickie Eagle
[quote="Brenda"
. I did pay a Fiver to" Friendsreunited"  but I'm afraid all I got for my money was a receipt.
Hallo Dickie,
I've paid my dues to Friendsreunited.  I found a schoolfriend with whom I've been enjoying a regular correspondence for a couple of years and also found another old friend (now in N.Z) and we are in regular contact.  So, from that point of view, it has been well-worth the fee for me.  However, most of the "girls' to whom I sent a message have not bothered to reply.  I find that really strange.  I mean, I don't expect people to want to get into a deep and involved friendship but the courtesy of a reply would have been nice.  I've registered for five years so if you want me to look for anyone for you, I can do so.  If Mike needs help with a contribution or two, he only has to say the word.
Brenda

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 03:17:33 AM »
HELLO brenda  :roll: .    

I HAVE READ THE HISTORY PREPOSITION OF THAT BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND I WANT YOU GREET ME TO ALL THE FRIENDS THAT APPEAR IN THE PICTURE, I CONGRATULATE THEM FOR THEIR WORK OF HEALTH THAT VERY SOON WILL BE RECOGNIZED WORLDWIDE.    
MI NAME IS GUILLERMO PALOMINO DOWNHAM, I HAVE THIS MATERNAL LAST NAME FOR THAT MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER HE WAS OF SCOTLAND. HE/SHE WANTED TO KNOW IF YOUR YOU CAN HELP ME TO KNOW LAKE MA OF THE ORIGIN DE MY LAST NAME OR SOMEBODY THAT YOUR YOU KNOW.    
AT THE MOMENT I LIVE IN PUEBLA MEXICO, PLACE WHERE I ARRIVE MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER TO PRINCIPLES OF THE CENTURY 20.    

GREETINGS AND THANK YOU  

P.S. FORGIVES MY NOT WELL ENGLISH ONE I SPEAK SPANISH

Dickie E.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 06:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous

I HAVE READ THE HISTORY PREPOSITION OF THAT BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND I WANT YOU GREET ME TO ALL THE FRIENDS THAT APPEAR IN THE PICTURE, I CONGRATULATE THEM FOR THEIR WORK OF HEALTH THAT VERY SOON WILL BE RECOGNIZED WORLDWIDE.    
MI NAME IS GUILLERMO PALOMINO DOWNHAM, I HAVE THIS MATERNAL LAST NAME FOR THAT MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER HE WAS OF SCOTLAND. HE/SHE WANTED TO KNOW IF YOUR YOU CAN HELP ME TO KNOW LAKE MA OF THE ORIGIN DE MY LAST NAME OR SOMEBODY THAT YOUKNOW.    
AT THE MOMENT I LIVE IN PUEBLA MEXICO, PLACE WHERE I ARRIVE MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER TO PRINCIPLES OF THE CENTURY 20.    
    GREETINGS AND THANK YOU  
Welcome Guillermo (William ?), Palomino I thought is a Cayuse -No?We have had a couple of "Downham"'s but Downham estate is only one of a dozen Downham's in the U.K.I will try and research the name again..  Dickie E........ (Ricardo D'Aguilla  )

Dickie E..........

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 09:54:26 PM »
Brenda
Hi!, an interesting and original layout, based on the lifetime of five peoplewith photos of these individuals during thier lives, and a bonus in the development of the areas that constitute Downham and surrounds, It shows the "Lower Mill" by Southend Pond as a Mill, they omitted to say that it was also one of the last Blacksmiths coming out of London,almost opposite the "Green Man" which was a Coaching Inn. Keith & Big Bruv, will like this address .  Dickie E......

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 12:06:56 AM »
"]HELLO brenda  :

MI NAME IS GUILLERMO PALOMINO DOWNHAM, I HAVE THIS MATERNAL LAST NAME FOR THAT MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER HE WAS OF SCOTLAND. HE/SHE WANTED TO KNOW IF YOUR YOU CAN HELP ME TO KNOW LAKE MA OF THE ORIGIN DE MY LAST NAME OR SOMEBODY THAT YOUR YOU KNOW.    

Hallo Guillermo,
Well, Downham Online is certainly attracting folk from far and wide, isn't it?  I'll leave the research to Dickie to see if there is any connection between your family and the Lord Downham from which our old home took its name.  
As for your English - well, your English is very much better than my Spanish (which is non-existent) so I think you have no need to apologise.
Best wishes
Brenda

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 12:18:06 AM »
 'though I do think Mike needs a hand financially.    Dickie E...................

Do you need a hand Mike?  I'd be more than happy to contribute to the coffers.
Brenda

Guillermo

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 03:45:11 AM »
"]HELLO brenda  :

Hallo Guillermo,
Well, Downham Online is certainly attracting folk from far and wide, isn't it?  I'll leave the research to Dickie to see if there is any connection between your family and the Lord Downham from which our old home took its name.  
As for your English - well, your English is very much better than my Spanish (which is non-existent) so I think you have no need to apologise.
Best wishes
Brenda

Hello Brenda:  

The truth thanks your intention and I wait they help me, greet me to Dickie, my great-grandfather's name was Charles Downham and I will investigate you the second last name.  
I like pictures of their community a lot and I wait some day to be able to go to the earth of my ancestors.  
I not say goodbye without before to tell you that you have a friend in Puebla Mexico.  
My best desires Guillermo[/quote][/quote][/code]

Guillermo

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 03:46:22 AM »
Quote from: Dickie E.
Quote from: Anonymous

MI NAME IS GUILLERMO PALOMINO DOWNHAM, I HAVE THIS MATERNAL LAST NAME FOR THAT MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER HE WAS OF SCOTLAND. HE/SHE WANTED TO KNOW IF YOUR YOU CAN HELP ME TO KNOW LAKE MA OF THE ORIGIN DE MY LAST NAME OR SOMEBODY THAT YOUKNOW.    
    GREETINGS AND THANK YOU  
Welcome Guillermo (William ?), Palomino I thought is a Cayuse -No?We have had a couple of "Downham"'s but Downham estate is only one of a dozen Downham's in the U.K.I will try and research the name again..  Dickie E........ (Ricardo D'Aguilla  )

Hello Dickie!  (Richard Of Eagle)  

Thank you for the help, I hope not to interrupt your valuable time, but it interests me to know about my ancestors. Indeed the translation is William and in the particular thing one of my favorite characters is William Wallace that of Scotland. As I comment Brenda my Great-grandfather's name he/she was Charles Downham, I will investigate which was their second last name. Didn't I understand the meaning of Cayuse - No? you can please change it for other words.  
Cordial greetings from Puebla Mexico.  .... William.

smiffy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 04:10:20 AM »
 'though I do think Mike needs a hand financially.    Dickie E...................

Do you need a hand Mike?  I'd be more than happy to contribute to the coffers.
Brenda

:) Yea Mike do you need help I did'nt see a reply to Brenda, 'onestly I do not know what I would do if anything 'append to this site cause it's bloody smashin. smudge

Bel

• View Profile
Downham0riginals
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2003, 09:39:07 PM »
Wow thanks Keith for the information,  fame at last. I am actually on the register under Beryl Edwards in 1937.  Looking at that  class bought back a lot of memories and I can see in my mind every one of the children in that class.   Hope you are feeling better Keith, best wishes Bel

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2003, 12:14:40 AM »
[
 :) Yea Mike do you need help I did'nt see a reply to Brenda, 'onestly I do not know what I would do if anything 'append to this site cause it's bloody smashin. smudge[/quote]

Wotchyer Smiffy, I see yer 'aven't lost yer bleedin' accent then.
No, Mike 'asn't mentioned 'avin' an 'elpin' 'and so I s'pose 'e's orright for nah.  I reckon 'e'll let us know if 'e wants a bob or two, whaddayerfink?  'Ope so, cos like yerself, I reckon it's a smashin' site an' it makes me day to keep in touch wiv Dahnam folks past an' present.

Phew, that was hard work.
Brenda

smiffy

• View Profile
    • Email
Downham originals
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2003, 03:49:50 AM »
:shock: cor blimey Brenda me old fruit, you still got the pommy accent. when I ferst redit I fought it was dikie rytin, blow me down & shiver me timbers, what next. smiffy. :wink:   By the way, well written.