Author Topic: A friendly hello folk ,good mornig downhamites everywhere  (Read 6234 times)

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
A friendly hello folk ,good mornig downhamites everywhere
« on: January 15, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »
Morning all, wet and 7 degrees ( 44 degrees in English ) Still clearing away Xmas debris and reviewing our cards. and Bel my love my other half ( 'er indoors !) is Dorothy, Jane is my daughter No.3,we had a gggg hope Sis has a good prognosis  and fighting fit once more, Bren & pauline enjoyed their upside down  seasonal cheer , amazing how the beer stays in the Schooner when you'r wrong way up ! , Sales are almost over and shops are getting their Easter Eggs ready for display while I am waiting for nice Boot Fair weather out in the fresh air. Next weeks treat is a trip to the "Kings Head" at Bexley for the Jazz Club organised by Joe Mudele one of the countries top Bassists and an ex-Downhamite  see if I can get a few picture and a bit of sound ! 'bye   dickie............................ :lol:
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:40:14 PM »
:oops: sorry Dorothy, one of my old mates other half  is Jane....so must have got mixed up... not too dificult for me...I even call the dog  Steve which is my sons's name.  Sis is still awaiting a hospital appointment, the consultant is on holiday...but I will indeed hastle them. Apart from that I have no news apart from a day at Southend last week and the usual plate of cockles. Son number one is over is New Zealand and has sold the house in England and considering moving over there. Son number two is in Egypt scuba diving again (with a leg in plaster)  and grandaughter number 3 has been in Australia for the last year hugging trees and is concerned about the rain forest. Love to you all....Bel

Bren4

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:57 PM »
Son number one is over is New Zealand and has sold the house in England and considering moving over there. Son number two is in Egypt scuba diving again (with a leg in plaster)  and grandaughter number 3 has been in Australia for the last year hugging trees and is concerned about the rain forest. Love to you all....Bel[/quote]

What an adventurous family!  Not like me who prefers to stay put - even with the plague of locusts that is shredding my garden.  If ever you see a mad woman running around with insecticide spray, you can bet it is me.  Syd says I am probably responsible for the hole in the ozone layer.
Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:17:34 AM »
Thank you for your wishes Dickie.  We had a lovely Christmas, weather not up to it's usual standard though.
The beer stays in the glass because we are not upside down.  If you look at the world all the land mass is in your neck of the woods, and so the world would topple over and leave us antipodeans+Africa+South America on top (have you noticed that all the continents finish with the letter they started with?).
We had visitors over the holidays from Rainham Essex (someone has to live there I suppose) and they had such a lovely time, and were so impressed that they have gone back to UK and started filling in forms to retire here.
We went to the cricket on Sunday - we always to to the day/night match at the end of January at the WACA, which is part of a tri-nations series.  We saw Sri Lanka and Australia, we won of course.
I had 5 weeks long service leave and only came back to work yesterday.  The rest did me the world of good, but of course one and a half days back and it seems like I never went!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »
Thank you for your wishes Dickie.  We had a lovely Christmas, weather not up to it's usual standard though.
The beer stays in the glass because we are not upside down.  If you look at the world all the land mass is in your neck of the woods, and so the world would topple over and leave us antipodeans+Africa+South America on top (have you noticed that all the continents finish with the letter they started with?).
We had visitors over the holidays from Rainham Essex (someone has to live there I suppose) and they had such a lovely time, and were so impressed that they have gone back to UK and started filling in forms to retire here.
We went to the cricket on Sunday - we always to to the day/night match at the end of January at the WACA, which is part of a tri-nations series.  We saw Sri Lanka and Australia, we won of course.
I had 5 weeks long service leave and only came back to work yesterday.  The rest did me the world of good, but of course one and a half days back and it seems like I never went!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.

Bren4

Touching base
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »
G'day to you all.  Major computer malfunctions have kept me off-line for a bit but, thanks to Syd, all is well.
The fires in the Grampians are under control - but devastating losses in houses, stock, wildlife and three human lives.  Syd has done his bit as a volunteer firefighter - thank god for all those wonderful men and women who do the dirty work.
Now we're enjoying some cooler weather and some rain.  Let's hope it stays this way for a little while.
Hope you are safe Pauline.

Bren

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Touching base
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:33:45 PM »
Quote from: Bren4
G'day to you all.  Major computer malfunctions have kept me off-line for a bit but, thanks to Syd, all is well.
The fires in the Grampians are under control - but devastating losses in houses, stock, wildlife and three human lives.  Syd has done his bit as a volunteer firefighter - thank god for all those wonderful men and women who do the dirty work.Now we're enjoying some cooler weather and some rain.  Let's hope it stays this way for a little while.Hope you are safe Pauline.
Bren

Welcome back to our Queen of Bayindeen , it's nice to have you back . Funny but we always called Australian cigarettes "Bushfires" because of the warning on the pack, I have a mystery welcome back enveope that can frighten you when opened but don't scream too loud , just enjoy hun .             dickie X..............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

'Allo Dickie
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 02:24:34 AM »
Seasons greetings to you Dickie and all the Downhamites, bit late aren't I. (Don't check the site enough Smiffy my lad). It's snowing like the blazes 'ere, how do you spell blazes?,I might ave to stop soon because's it's so bad  I will not be able to see the keyboard for snow   :lol: this is the first big one this winter for us, you guys over the pond there got it all first, must be luvely in Aussie land.  Every one looking forward to the world cup it's Englands turn this time 1966 (I was 21 then) 2006 it matches.  Did I tell you the one about the two antenas who got married, the service was poor but the reception was fantastic. I'll go now. Smiffy

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: 'Allo Dickie
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 03:37:26 AM »
Quote from: Guest
Seasons greetings to you Dickie and all the Downhamites, bit late aren't I. (Don't check the site enough Smiffy my lad). It's snowing like the blazes 'ere, how do you spell blazes?,I might ave to stop soon because's it's so bad  I will not be able to see the keyboard for snow   :lol: this is the first big one this winter for us, you guys over the pond there got it all first, must be luvely in Aussie land.  Every one looking forward to the world cup it's Englands turn this time 1966 (I was 21 then) 2006 it matches.  Did I tell you the one about the two antenas who got married, the service was poor but the reception was fantastic. I'll go now. Smiffy

In 1966 I was 9 months and 3 weeks pregnant, and visiting my parents.  During extra time I was consigned to the kitchen to make a cup of tea because I was getting too excited.  I can't see England winning, and I am sure Australia won't, but then not many of us watch soccer.  Our Aussie Rules (what rules?) will be starting soon, and then we shall not be watching the 'round ball game'.
To anyone who is interested our weather us just beautiful, 30 deg today - 32 yesterday, and warming up for the weekend.  Snow? What's that?  My grandthings have never seen it.