Author Topic: Merry Christmas from Downunder  (Read 4690 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Merry Christmas from Downunder
« on: December 21, 2005, 02:11:42 AM »
Hi People.
Hope you all have a really lovely Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas then a very happy holiday season.
We have a house full on Sunday - everyone comes to us even my childrens in-laws, it saves a lot of running about from house to house.

The weather seems to be picking up, should be 27deg by Christmas Day - still way below average.  I've got this dreadful feeling that we are going to get a late long hot summer, going onto about May/June.

So - everyone, I hope you get all you want, and I hope next year will be happy and healthy, maybe the odd lotto win will help.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

dickie eagle

Re: Merry Christmas from "Upover "
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:28:37 PM »
Quote from: Pauline
Hi People.
Hope you all have a really lovely Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas then a very happy holiday season.
We have a house full on Sunday - everyone comes to us even my childrens in-laws, it saves a lot of running about from house to house.   Hi! Merry Christmas although one London Borough is trying to ban the word Christmas in favour of the "Winter Holiday " ! That concil  unsurprisingly consists mostly of mujahadeen plus a few other ethnics. All I can say is if they dont like our way of life they are not being forced to stay. So happy Christmas and may your God give you peace and happiness in 2006 and Bren, hope you got the package in time to enjoy X     dickie...............................

Smudger

Merry Christmas from the far North (Canada)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:24:53 AM »
Merry Christmas and a happy healthy new year to all Downhamites.  (dreaming back in time)  Got to pop to the offlicence on Bromley road, near the tailors?, with my Father & Brother get some beer and Liquor for over Christmas. The new studio will be closed Christmas day but we will go down the club boxing day dinner time and get that appetite going, with some good English Ale.  ( woke up) Nice to turn the clock back just for awhile.   God Bless you all. Smiffy

dickie eagle

Re: Merry Christmas from the far North (Canada)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »
Quote from: Smudger
Merry Christmas and a happy healthy new year to all Downhamites.  (dreaming back in time)  Got to pop to the offlicence on Bromley road, near the tailors?, with my Father & Brother get some beer and Liquor for over Christmas. The new studio will be closed Christmas day but we will go down the club boxing day dinner time and get that appetite going, with some good English Ale.  ( woke up) Nice to turn the clock back just for awhile.   God Bless you all. Smiffy
 Nice to hear from you Smudge, no Xmas one-liners mate ? but you enjoyed those "dreams" eh! that's how the past and the people we knew live on,I really must send you the "Green Line" bus badge too. All the best mate and heres to a pleasant 2006  and happy motoring      dickie...........

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Happy Christmas!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »

Hi Pauline, Bren, Dickie, Bel, Smiffy, Derek, Graham, and everyone who posts regularly or just occasionally on this forum - Happy Christmas!

The family banned me from turning the computer on yesterday (quite right!) so this greeting comes a day late, but in plenty of time to wish you a wonderful 2006.

Mike

Derek Durrant

Seasons wishes.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:30:53 PM »
Best wishes to you and your family "Mike",and thankyou for all the work you do in maintaining the site.My regards and best wishes to all the regular contributors and families for the new year. My youngest son whom we bought out here when he was four will be coming over for the "World Cup" and will probably at some time wander round the estate thinking so this is where the old man lived as a boy.it will be interesting to get his impressions. Derek Durrant.  AdelaideSouth Australia.