Author Topic: Murders  (Read 5188 times)

SmithEagle

Murders
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:33:36 PM »
Any news on yesterdays 2 murders? Thought it would have made at least local news.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Murders
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 07:32:05 AM »
Quote from: SmithEagle
Any news on yesterdays 2 murders? Thought it would have made at least local news.

EEKKK!  What Murders?  Where? What happened?
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Murder
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 03:49:19 PM »

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Murders
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 04:34:47 PM »
[quote="SmithEagle".[/quote]  Sorry, it isn't the murder thing, just the thought that our D on L appears to be turning into an Eryie and I am wondering where "Smith Eagle " got his monikker   dickie eagle ..............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bren4

Re: Murder
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 11:02:09 PM »
Quote from: mike
What a terrible tragedy

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewgreennews/display.var.631950.0.woman_stabbed_after_violent_row.php

I've just had a look at the article.  Blimey.  Actually, there was a murder near Grove Park back in the late 50s or early 60s.  I think it was an elderly woman who was murdered in her home by a young man.  Can't remember any other details.  I know it left a very nasty taste in the mouth.  Does anyone else remember anything about it?  

What is it about today's society that causes people to be unable to handle
disputes without resort to violence?

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Murder
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 07:02:20 AM »
Quote from: Bren4
Quote from: mike
What a terrible tragedy

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewgreennews/display.var.631950.0.woman_stabbed_after_violent_row.php

I've just had a look at the article.  Blimey.  Actually, there was a murder near Grove Park back in the late 50s or early 60s.  I think it was an elderly woman who was murdered in her home by a young man.  Can't remember any other details.  I know it left a very nasty taste in the mouth.  Does anyone else remember anything about it?  

What is it about today's society that causes people to be unable to handle
disputes without resort to violence?

Bren

If I remember correctly this has happened by the 'green' near the fish and chip shop.  As teenagers we would meet there before heading off to annoy somone else.  
Alas some people can only deal in violence, it's the same here in Perth, such a lovely city, but getting very violent.  It's the state of the world around us.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.