Author Topic: New Lewisham Website www.hither-green.co.uk  (Read 3853 times)

Theycallmethewanderer

New Lewisham Website www.hither-green.co.uk
« on: August 21, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »
http://www.hither-green.co.uk  Should be bursting with content by the end of september

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Lewisham Website www.hither-green.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:10:56 AM »
Quote from: Theycallmethewanderer
http://www.hither-green.co.uk  Should be bursting with content by the end of september
Looks interesting,though hither green, ahuge marshalling yard,an equally huge cemetery and crematoria ( watch out though because fatboy prescott is looking for sites to build "affordable houses" on, or to give to those poor needy Travellers ) come to think of it when these itinerents park their caravans they no longer qualify as Travellers oh god they'll have to pay rates and even taxes ! ! . Now I am wandering .I used to have friends at Hither Green in the bottom of Verdant lane a detatched house with two poplars in front on either side frameing the house. I looked out of the train window on one leave and there were only two poplars  - no house happily the family were safe and moved to Sydenham  . Now I am wandering ......... dickie :?
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: New Lewisham Website www.hither-green.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 07:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Dick Eagle
Quote from: Theycallmethewanderer
Looks interesting,though hither green, ahuge marshalling yard,an equally huge cemetery and crematoria ( watch out though because fatboy prescott is looking for sites to build "affordable houses" on, or to give to those poor needy Travellers ) come to think of it when these itinerents park their caravans they no longer qualify as Travellers oh god they'll have to pay rates and even taxes ! ! . Now I am wandering .I used to have friends at Hither Green in the bottom of Verdant lane a detatched house with two poplars in front on either side frameing the house. I looked out of the train window on one leave and there were only two poplars  - no house happily the family were safe and moved to Sydenham  . Now I am wandering ......... dickie :?

I remember the Hippodrome!  We used to go for pantomines, and as a child I was absolutely fascinated when the roof was lifted.  And going past on the bus I would always look for the roof.  And the golly at the Robertson factory.  I had an Aunt and a cousin who worked at Robertsons, and my parents always told me that the golly in the top of the jam pot was put there especially for me!  I collected them and had heaps of different pins.  Wished I'd kept them - they would probably be worth something.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.