Author Topic: Who Am I  (Read 4394 times)

Paul allen

Who Am I
« on: January 02, 2005, 12:34:42 AM »
Hi All Just To let you Know I am Toni's Oldest Son And Kieth's Nephew. You will soon find out my Spelling is rubish. Hoping to hear lots about what used to go on. dont know a lot still a baby only 50. but would like to know more about the area where my family came from :D

Bel

• View Profile
Who Am I
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 10:32:45 AM »
Wow, welcome Paul :lol:  We all remember different things about Downham (some through rose coloured glasses I am sure), but one thing  always comes through and that is how hard our parents worked to give us a decent upbringing (grandparents included). Nobody had much in them days, but what they had they shared. Regards Bel

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who Am I
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 12:36:26 PM »
Quote from: Paul allen
Hi All Just To let you Know I am Toni's Oldest Son And Kieth's Nephew. You will soon find out my Spelling is rubish. Hoping to hear lots about what used to go on. dont know a lot still a baby only 50. but would like to know more about the area where my family came from :D
Hi Paul.we aren't fussy about the niceties of spelling or mis=hitting keys so you hit an I for an O  (They are adjacent ) and intend to type "shot" your friends understand . we can tell you about downham and its vagaries, but you have to be born there or have lived there. like your Dad and uncle Tony to fully appreciate the melting pot   that Downham really was . Where the people from the first war rose from the slums and moved into a brand new home on a large estate of others just like them to produce the children who fought the next and second war but we had fun, made friends and produced a better kind of person , the sort our parents wanted us to be. nice to have you aboard Paul    Dickie....
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)