Author Topic: Xmas  (Read 10126 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 07:15:24 AM »
Quote from: Bren4
Quote from: Bel
I am off to Egpyt in  January (a Xmas present from number two son)

pair of slippers from Dolcis?  
Bren

Oh! Oh!  Dolcis!, and Lilley and Skinners!.  What happened to them?  Do you remember going into a shoe shop and sitting down and being waited on?  Now all we get is pick your own and find an assistant if you're lucky!!!!!
And while I'm on the winge, when are skirts and pants going to start at the waist again.  I really can't cope with hipsters. The gap between my crop top and hipsters is NOT a pretty sight. :roll:
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Xmas
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 11:09:57 AM »
[quote="Pauline"
pair of slippers from Dolcis?  Bren[/quote]
Oh! Oh!  Dolcis!, and Lilley and Skinners!.  What happened to them?  Do you remember going into a shoe shop and sitting down and being waited on?  Now all we get is pick your own and find an assistant if you're lucky!!!!!
And while I'm on the winge, when are skirts and pants going to start at the waist again.  I really can't cope with hipsters. The gap between my crop top and hipsters is NOT a pretty sight. :roll:[/quote]              Fogive my murky matelots mind , but "a Crop top" ? ? ?  I thought the Crop was down with  the ------------ oh never mind ,just leave me with my imagination. Hipsters are okay the sight of thongs either side like handles is acceptable on the kids, but "Builders Bum" is best on the very youthful looking or on Builders (and I don't fancy them very much ). Glad we have Pauline wadeing into the fray.        dickie..............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bren4

Old days
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »
[quote="Pauline
And while I'm on the winge, when are skirts and pants going to start at the waist again.  I really can't cope with hipsters. The gap between my crop top and hipsters is NOT a pretty sight. :roll:[/quote]

That's one of the good things about finding old Downhamhites - the refreshing of memories. And Bel and Dickie are particularly good at reviving the old names and places.  You will, of course, remember Boltons and Whites "up the top" and the Co-op and the bike shop and the bakers etc.  

As for the hipster business.  I'm afraid the fashion gurus have a lot to be sorry for.  It has to be the ugliest fashion I've ever seen. I suppose the young and thin can get away with it (although I do mourn the total loss of modesty) but on most, it's very unattractive.

Brenda

Anonymous

Xmas
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 09:27:57 PM »
Hi.....from sunny Egypt...having a lovely time,  weather very hot and the people  very nice.. Great hotel  and good company, so all is well . Best wishes to all  Bel....... 8)