Author Topic: Xmas  (Read 10175 times)

ben4

Xmas
« on: December 19, 2004, 08:46:35 PM »
Wishing present and past contributors to Downham Online a very happy Xmas and wonderful 2005.  Keep happy, keep safe, keep healthy.

Brenda

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 09:48:36 PM »
Thank you Brenda.  I would like to second that.  Take every day as it comes, and make the most of it. BelX      I am off to Egpyt in  January (a Xmas present from number two son) and looking forward to getting a  few rays. :D

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Xmas
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:17:12 AM »
[quote="Bel")   I am off to Egpyt in  January (a Xmas present from number two son) and looking forward to getting a  few rays. [/quote]       Nice way to start  2005  Bel, do you mean the sun  ? or Manta ? My wife disappears towards Sharm el Sheikh and spends her time on the sand in the sun with a book an thinks it's great. Me? I still have fond memories of a statuesque showgirl in Las Vegas (Aaa-ah)I would like a cruise on a Merchant vessel going wherever its Manifest took it, These Cruise Ships that to me are Butlins afloat have Zilch appeal to me. First Enjoy Christmas, that goes for all you lovely people out there and a Happy, Healthy, comfortable New year  to you all and Mike lets have an address I can cotact you at mate,'bye Ladies,  Dickie...................
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Happy Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 03:13:48 PM »
Thanks Brenda, Bel, Dickie et al - I do appreciate the fact you keep this board ticking over!

Wishing you all a really wonderful Christmas, and the very best for 2005

Mike

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Xmas
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 05:23:56 AM »
Quote from: ben4
Wishing present and past contributors to Downham Online a very happy Xmas and wonderful 2005.  Keep happy, keep safe, keep healthy.

Brenda
 Ere Brenda not so much of the "Past" my Flower ! none of us are that (yet ) however we forgive you,and join in with the happy christmas greetings  we all hope you enjoy your Birthday and        have an unforgetable ,enjoyable snake free,libedo full of  Birthday hasppiness       . Dickie............ X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 02:51:11 PM »
Yes a happy birthday to you Brenda. I hope you have many of them and the year ahead is filled with contentment and happiness.  Belx

Bren4

Xmas
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 01:51:54 PM »
Quote from: Bel
I am off to Egpyt in  January (a Xmas present from number two son)

Blimey Bel, what a Christmas present!  Whatever happened to a box of embroidered hankies from Marks and Spencers or a pair of slippers from Dolcis?  Seriously, I think it's wonderful.  Have a wonderful time.  And thanks to both you and Dickie for the birthday wishes.

Bren

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Xmas
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 08:38:26 PM »
Quote from: Bren4
I am off to Egpyt in  January (a Xmas present from number two son) Blimey Bel, what a Christmas present!
Bren[/quote)                                                                                      Birthdays are usually the trigger for rejoicing, and I hope Tony doesn't mind but one glass tomorrow will be for Keith, and the 70th that he was not able to make except in our memories of a greataquaintance.               Then forwards into 2005 and whatever that brings  in the way of good times and happy moments for all. (except Benda's snakes !)
  night all, Happy new year .    Dickie..............

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
Keith would have been 73 tomorrow Dickie, (being in the same class at school), but of course him being older than me by six months,  :lol:  and I shall indeed raise my glass to him, and of course to you. I hope you have a good year and enjoy good health and happiness.  Where has  Tony got  to? would love to hear from him. Best wishes to all Belx  By the way Brenda, my son is a scuba diving professional and has organized  the trip to Egypt (dont  think I will be  doing any diving tho). He sent me to New York one year for a weekend just after the Trade Centre disaster . Do you think he is trying to get rid of me?? :roll:

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
Keith would have been 73 tomorrow Dickie, (being in the same class at school), but of course him being older than me by six months,  :lol:  and I shall indeed raise my glass to him, and of course to you. I hope you have a good year and enjoy good health and happiness.  Where has  Tony got  to? would love to hear from him. Best wishes to all Belx  By the way Brenda, my son is a scuba diving professional and has organized  the trip to Egypt (dont  think I will be  doing any diving tho). He sent me to New York one year for a weekend just after the Trade Centre disaster . Do you think he is trying to get rid of me?? :roll:

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Xmas
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 07:26:42 PM »
Keith would have been 73 tomorrow Dickie,:
dropped a clanger didn't I ?  I meant 72 based on Keith remarking that although we shared the same Birthday there was 10 years between us ! so wherever he is the toast is the same. Thanks for the card Bel my love , how did you cope with the address I put on yours ?  I think "Eddie" might have been amused      Dickie.............

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2005, 02:44:44 PM »
Yes Dickie the address on my card was funny, hadnt been called Edwards in a while. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL... how many resolutions  did you all make?? I have a pedometer which calls out  when you have burnt off  50 calories, I get some funny looks when it speaks out when I am shopping! My resolution is to become  more fit and active and be more tollerant. Belx :roll:

Bel

• View Profile
Xmas
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2005, 02:45:16 PM »
Yes Dickie the address on my card was funny, hadnt been called Edwards in a while. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL... how many resolutions  did you all make?? I have a pedometer which calls out  when you have burnt off  50 calories, I get some funny looks when it speaks out when I am shopping! My resolution is to become  more fit and active and be more tollerant. Belx :roll:

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Xmas
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 12:21:58 PM »
Yes Dickie the address on my card was funny, hadnt been called Edwards in a while. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL... how many resolutions  did you all make??  Belx :roll:
 Funnier than you realised because the only "H"'s that I had were Winnie (Woodbank Rd. ) and Ivy on the new estate North Downham My resolution better be to tidy my address book up. Back soon      Dickie..............

Bren4

General chat
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 09:53:07 PM »
Hallo everyone, I'm pleased to hear you are all kicking off 2005 which great cheer and optimism.  Dickie, thank you for the Christmas card - much appreciated.  Bel, have a great holiday.  Gosh, just thank heaven your son didn't send you to New York a little earlier.  Let's hope some present day Downham folk join us in the coming year, in the meantime, it's good that we keep in touch regularly via the forum.  

Syd and I had a quiet Xmas, as usual and as expected.  My sister joined us on Boxing Day.  We caught up with our daughter and her two children a few days later.  I've also caught up with a couple of friends whom I have neglected badly over the past 12 months.  

I wish you all health and happiness for 2005
Brenda