Author Topic: irons family  (Read 6882 times)

maurina

irons family
« on: November 29, 2004, 04:35:10 PM »
hello my name is maurina and i'm looking for anyone who know's anyone or anything of the irons family in downham i would be very grateful for any information

dickie eagle

Re: irons family
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »
Quote from: maurina
hello my name is maurina and i'm looking for anyone who know's anyone or anything of the irons family in downham i would be very grateful for any information
In "Freinds reunited" if you select Durham Hill senior school and look at 1937/38 there is a school photo of class 4b you will find Jean Irons in the front row. Hope this helps. If not come back to me, or Brenda, as we are members and could research further . Suited ?        Dickie...........

maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:47:56 PM »
Hello Maurina, I thought I'd heard the name Irons so I rang my youngest brother and he said he knew Peter Irons and said he thinks he lived around the Shaw Path area of Downham and that I should look on Downham Boys of Catford Boys School between 1962-65, Graham is aged 56 and he thinks Peter was about the same age.

Hope this helps a little, good luck in your search.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:08 PM »
[If not come back to me, or Brenda, as we are members and could research further . Suited ?        Dickie...........

Yes, happy to help.  Happy to search Friendsreunited for anyone.

royf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
Hi Maurina,
I used to go to school with Jean Irons she was in my mates class Mrs Davies was the teacher, sorry to say that Jean died a few years back from cancer it was just after she sent me a school class photo of 4b our class for the last 3 months of school.
Sorry its not better news
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:10:44 PM by royf »

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:13:26 AM »
I think this is a bit out of date Roy, I made contact with Jean a few years back on Friends Reunited, now I know why we lost contact. I am sure I have been to your house, I use to go around with a small group, the only people I remember is Raymond Longford, Raymond Beech, Kenny Hackman, the Young Brothers, 6/12 in total,  remember all of us going to Durham Hill Fields with the girls, Jean Irons, Jean Spooner, Jean Hogg to name a few, there was quite a group of us. Miss Davies married my teacher Mr Rose 4b1,4b2,4b3,4b4,think that's how it went. Frank H.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:15:11 AM by Frank (hutchsky) »
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

royf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Frank ,
Your teacher Mr Rose did you know he was a fighter pilot during the 2nd world war,also he and Miss Oliver had a bit of a thing at the school found that out as a milk monitor ..Also the Young brothers lived in Moorside rd the family had a bike shop at Lewisham.
Roy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:52:12 AM by royf »

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »
Hi Roy, Did not know Mr Rose was a fighter pilot, yes, we all new something was going on with Miss Oliver, maybe you told us. David & brother Young, the family had their own cycles "Young's Cycles'' and well made & pricey. was you in my class ? Frank H.
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

royf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
No Mr Holditch in the main building while you were in the hut