Author Topic: All about nothing  (Read 3902 times)

downham7

All about nothing
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:04:20 PM »
That's right, nothing at all.  This morning's message is simply to say "Hallo" and to let you know I am still here.  

We had a hot day this week - 35oC and windy ++.  Far too hot for a spring day.  The main road was littered with squashed lizards and one large long wiggly.  I didn't mind the latter, but I hate to see the lizards come to such an ignominious end.  They are lovely creatures.

I hope you are all well.

Brenda

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Frogs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 12:30:52 PM »
I know what you mean about lizards, or at least a Downham equivalent - I was digging over a flower bed in the front garden to plant some spring bulbs and didn't notice a huge frog until after I had injured it with my spade. It managed to hop away in a trail of blood and I'm hoping against hope that it survived...

Shame - they are such a help in reducing the ever fatter slugs that torment my gardening efforts!

Torrential rain this morning - brighter now.

Must get out with the camera to catch some Autumn colours for the site.
Mike

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: All about nothing
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 08:29:42 PM »
Quote from: downham7
That's right, nothing at all.  This morning's message is simply to say "Hallo" and to let you know I am still here.  
We had a hot day this week  (Cor ! you opportunist Syd ) The main road was littered with squashed lizards and one large long wiggly.  I didn't mind the latter, but I hate to see the lizards come to such an ignominious end.  They are lovely creatures.
I hope you are all well Brenda
Bren love,I like  lizards, newts, salamanders, we had some marvellous varieties in Texas. lets see if I can dig out some of the photos. And I repeat my attraction for the House snakes in India and Malaya, they were much nicer to stroke than cats and not as dirty either .The weather now is beginning to curtail my week-end Markets which is annoying, you make a lot of friends with other traders and punters alike, always a cheerful crowd . thats the main attraction for me as I'm gregarious by nature. 'bye for now , back soon, Dickie X
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Anonymous

Re: All about nothing
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 11:39:40 PM »
I hope you are all well Brenda [/quote] Bren love,I like  lizards, newts, salamanders,

Me too and, like you Mike, I love the frogs.  At the moment, they are spawning on our dam and the air is alive with their croaking and booming.  It's sad that so many of their species are becoming extinct.  Whatever have we done to our planet?

As for the other things, I am once again in a state of paranoia, unable to relax and continually examining every shadow.  

I often feed the stumpy-tail lizards when they are in the garden.  They particularly enjoy a bit of mince.  I once gave one a piece of stewing beef and as it seemed to be having a bit of trouble with it, decided to take it back to cut it up.  In its effort to get it back, it got my finger and oh boy, did it hurt!  I haven't tried that again.  Mostly, I remove them because I don't want to dogs to hurt them.  

Bren