Author Topic: Happy Christmas!  (Read 415 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Happy Christmas!
« on: December 24, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
This forum has become very quiet, but I do get messages from time to time from new people asking to join, and you never know, it may pick up again one day. Social media has largely taken over from forums like this, but fashions come and go, so anything could happen...

In the meanwhile, if you have found your way here, then I wish you and your families a very Happy Christmas - all the best.

Mike

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Happy Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »
Too late to wish everyone Merry Christmas but I hope you all had a good one.  I do wish you all a happy, healthy and safe 2019.

Brenda

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »
Dear Mike and Brenda,
I, too, have not been on line here for a very long time. However, I wish everyone a belated Happy and Prosperous 2019. As always, I sit and ponder - When shall I go and visit dear old Downham again! The nearest I've got to it is to go to You Tube and 'cab ride' a train from Charing cross to Sevenoaks and back. I was surprised at all the changes en route - New Cross station unrecognisable, high rise flats where there were allotments near St Johns (where I went to school), all the housing at Grove Park which used to be carriage sidings. I enjoy a glimpse of the Downham Estate between Hither Green and Grove Park just past the footbridge, which we called 'the footer', and the backs of the line of houses in Reigate Road just beyond which I was born at No 10, Ballamore Road 87 years ago! I hope that all that read this remarkable forum are well. Long may it continue.
Warmest regards, Vic Dabin

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 11:47:29 PM »
I confess that what with one thing and another, my visits to Downham Online have been few this year.  Coming back to it this morning gave me the great pleasure of seeing you here, Vic.   I shall take a look at that video and will, no doubt, be horrified by all the changes I see!  In my memory, I can still walk the streets of Downham as they were but I know it's unrealistic to expect  things to stay the same as they once were.  I looked at a short  YouTube video of Lewisham recently and the only thing I recognised was a short clip of the fruit and veg stalls of the market.     

I hope all is well with everyone.  The years take their toll but I trust you are, as am I, still enjoying life! 

Bren