Author Topic: Welcome to the new forum!  (Read 7120 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Welcome to the new forum!
« on: July 28, 2003, 12:12:02 AM »
Hi - hope you've found your way in here OK. The old forum had reached the amazing milestone of 500 posts, so I wonder how long this forum will take to get there. Up to you really...

You don't have to register to post here, but if you do register then it allows you to do things like request email notifications of when people reply to your posts, and clever stuff like that.

OK, now the new hosting is set up, and the new forum is ready, time to get on and update the rest of the site...

Mike

Brenda

stp@netconnect.com.au
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 12:51:04 AM »
I say Mike, this is all very posh.  Very, very nice indeed and once again, I thank you for all the hard work you put into "our" website.
Now then, more details about the book "Just Like The Country" please.  
Brenda

Anonymous

Re: stp@netconnect.com.au
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 04:51:08 PM »
Now then, more details about the book "Just Like The Country" please.  
Brenda[/quote] I'll add my congratulations to a job well done Mike, now see if we can embrace a few more ex-, and current "Downhamites to the Forum.,and further to Brenda's enquiry, who published the book ? Back to Downham does anyone remember Mrs Smiths five little boys  the singing group called "The Smith Brothers " from the flats in Boyland Road ? Dick.......

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 12:04:03 AM »
Wow.. thanks Mike...   for the prize         Never heard of the Smith Brothers, but used to know the Snow Twins in Boyland Road. Never did know which one I was going out with.   Just to say that my sister has lived in the same house in Arcus Road for 70 years, and is just moving.  Is this a record  do you think?    Bel

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 02:45:05 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Wow.. thanks Mike...   for the prize         Never heard of the Smith Brothers, but used to know the Snow Twins in Boyland Road. Never did know which one I was going out with.   Just to say that my sister has lived in the same house in Arcus Road for 70 years, and is just moving.  Is this a record  do you think?    Bel
Bell. my last note was a Cock-up because I meant of course the Johnson Brothers and I have a few of their records too. My brother still lives in my Parent's flat in Tristram rd. which they took over in 1927 (that's 76 years !) congrats on the Book,I'm sure you will enjoy it,     Dickie..........