Author Topic: David Bowie  (Read 1400 times)

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
David Bowie
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »
Sad news with the lost of David (Jones) Bowie, Ex Downham Boy, went to Burnt Ash School, On our local TV News, it was stated,  he came from a very rough part of London? He lived in Brixton to the age of 6 years with his family, they moved to our neck of the woods,my family came from Camberwell & Southwark  a lot of us came from the older parts of South London & moved to the Downham Estate.  I would have left Burnt Ash by the time David attended (4 Years younger than me) he will be missed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:19:49 PM by Frank (hutchsky) »
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: David Bowie
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »
Sad news with the lost of David (Jones) Bowie, Ex Downham Boy, went to Burnt Ash School, On our local TV News, it was stated,  he came from a very rough part of London? He lived in Brixton to the age of 6 years with his family, they moved to our neck of the woods,my family came from Camberwell & Southwark  a lot of us came from the older parts of South London & moved to the Downham Estate.  I would have left Burnt Ash by the time David attended (4 Years younger than me) he will be missed.

Yes, most people on Downham in the early days had moved from very poor living conditions in London.  And very happy and grateful were most of them too.

David Bowie: always sad to hear of another too early demise because of the dreaded cancer. As an entertainer, I'm afraid he never appealed to me though.
Bren