Author Topic: New York calling  (Read 1258 times)

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
New York calling
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
Hi regular readers and occasional visitors. I've upgraded the forum to the latest software to keep it secure, and the orange template I installed many years ago is no longer compatible, so have set it to the default theme for now, in case you are wondering why things looks different.

It's been a while since I posted - Sue and I have been busy moving from Downham to New York, so we now join the merry band of ex-Downhamites living abroad.

I'm encouraged by a steady trickle of new people wanting to join the forum, and in this age of social media with the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram tending to dominate, it's nice that the forum still does get some traffic and activity from time to time.

So, thank you very much for participating and all the best to you and your family, wherever you are.

Mike

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New York calling
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
Hi Mike. Well Another Ones Moved Out. Oh Well New York I Don`t Blame You. I Think I Am The Last On This Site That Regularly Visits Downham as i go there at least twice a month. So I Will Keep All Informed Of Anything Going On.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 04:09:13 AM »
Thanks Splinter - in fact I'll be visiting Downham tomorrow for a flying 3 day visit - our daughter and her family are living in our house in Kendale Road, so we will stay in touch with the estate for sure.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
New York?!  Blimey, it's a big leap from Downham to New York.  And may we ask why that place in particular?  Okay, thanks.  Mike, why have you gone to New York?  And it this a permanent move?  So glad that wherever you are, you are keeping the site going.

And here's wishing you and Sue all the best in your new life in New York. 

Bren