Author Topic: Robertson's Jam Factory  (Read 2010 times)

joanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Robertson's Jam Factory
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:14:45 AM »
Any of you Downhamites ever work at the Robertson's Jam Factory in Catford? I worked there for a few years between 1959 and 1966. Made a lot of friends and had a lot of good times. Anyone remember me from so long ago?

Joan Ruby

billbaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Robertson's Jam Factory
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
Hi Joanie, I was working on the forecourt of the petrol station (The Car Mart Ltd) across the Bromley Road from Robertsons in the years you mention, my wife worked for a while at the Glennifer Laundry which was next to Robertsons.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »
My ex's sister was working there about that time, Adi Smith (Davies Russell) lived in Brownhill Road Catford. Frank H
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
Any of you Downhamites ever work at the Robertson's Jam Factory in Catford? I worked there for a few years between 1959 and 1966. Made a lot of friends and had a lot of good times. Anyone remember me from so long ago?

Joan Ruby

My mother worked there for a while but I can't remember the exact years.  I think it may well have been in the early to mid 60s.  Her name was Elsie Hand.

Brenda