Author Topic: All quiet again  (Read 2125 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
All quiet again
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
This must be the quietest the old Downhamites have been in the history of the site!  I've not got much to say but hoping this breaks the silence.    I trust you are all well.

This part of Australia is having a warm spring which does not bode well for the coming summer.  Rain please!

Bren

Vic

• View Profile
Re: All quiet again
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
Good to hear from you Brenda! I've been watching and waiting for somebody to break the silence! I haven't seen anything from Splinter for ages; I hope he is OK. Have a good summer Bren - the clocks have just gone back here so we must now hunker down for winter.
Vic.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:27:17 AM »
I find I tend to wait for someone to break the silence: I thought it time I did for a change!

I'm not looking forward to the coming summer at all.  We've had several very warm spring days (and some amazingly severe frosts) which doesn't bode well as far as I'm concerned.   And the snakes are now about - dratted things - although I haven't had a close encounter this season so far.  It will happen - it always does!

Bren

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
Hi All, Yes i am still alive, but not been well for a few weeks as i did my back in at work but i should be back at work next week. Sorry but i have not had much to tell you about, i was in Downham today and a very lovely day it is i was down to shirt sleeves. The Tavern has reopened, The Green Man is now a Car Showroom and the Tigers Head are now Flats. I am going to go to the prefab estate on my next visit to see what changes have been done there. So i will report back ASAP.  OK you can all go back to sleep now.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time of it, Splinter, and hope you get back to full-strength very soon.

Interesting to hear of the changes you find in Downham.  I'll be very interested in your next 'report' on the prefabs.

Bren