Author Topic: My brothers book  (Read 1082 times)

tonywarran

• View Profile
    • Email
My brothers book
« on: April 26, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »
Hi Folks

Thanks to all of you who downloaded my brother's book on Amazon Kindle and left feedback..............very grateful.

it is called 'The Road from Rotherhithe' and as I said is by my late brother Len.

It covers many years from the mid 30's to the late late 40's about him living in Ivorydown covering the Second World War.

It is a really good read and is listed at just $4 or 2.52.

It is still available if you would like to check it out.

The Road from Rotherhithe   www.amazon.co.uk

Description

The story of a boyhood in Rotherhithe during the 1920's / 1930's moving in Downham in South East London before the outbreak of the Second World War.

Evacuation to Devon in 1940 and then onto Scotland working on a ship as a galley boy via a spell back in London and being bombed out of his house when he was there.

Len Warran's story is a fascinating account of how austere life was in those days but also simple and happy.

Read about him returning to London after the war , suffering from the devastating illness of TB , recovering from that , settling down and moving onto Sussex.

This book is about the hardships of those times as well as the fun for a young boy on a farm in Devon for two years and playing amongst the bomb sites of the area around Grove Park.

This book is a real eye opener as to what like was like just a short time ago.