Author Topic: Using Profiles  (Read 8465 times)

I AM Dick Eagle

Using Profiles
« on: August 05, 2003, 12:51:34 AM »
:( I like the new format and am looking for a suitable picture or two so I can try the attachment features. but one thing I'm not clear on is the use of profiles. I've given mine to the best of my ability in the hope it might give a clearer image of my background what I do, where I've been,and my interests in general.    It seems to be stuck in the old "Name ? . Rank?. Official number ?." which isn't very descriptive. And gives no indication of common interests, though if I met Keith, Derek, Brenda,  or Smiffy,  I think I would know them . SO-O, what are those Hobbies ,and   interests. lets get to know each other a bit better.    Dickie.................       And I am now Informed that my "Username" DICK EAGLE "Has been Taken " ! ! ! That's the first Hiccup Mike What have you been drinking ?

Bel/Beryl

News
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 02:40:45 PM »
:oops: I am a little confused to, not being very good with all this new technology. I am Bel and Beryl, however the sun is shining today folk and it is very hot to will go and sit in the sun and meditate.

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Yes, you ARE Dick Eagle
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 12:10:03 AM »
Log in before you post and then the forum won't get grumpy and refuse you permission to be yourself...

Make sure you enter your user name as you registered it, ie. Dick Eagle, and if you've forgotten your password, then it can reset it for you.

Plain as mud?

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Re: News
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 12:11:34 AM »
Quote from: Bel/Beryl
:oops: I am a little confused to, not being very good with all this new technology. I am Bel and Beryl, however the sun is shining today folk and it is very hot to will go and sit in the sun and meditate.

Did your meditation resolve who you are? Decide on one if you want, and I'll delete the other, or you can be schizophrenic forever if you prefer.

Brenda

Profiles
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 12:30:28 AM »
Quote from: Bel/Beryl

Don't worry Bel, you aren't the only one.  Mike, am I supposed to be doing something other than what I am doing (I sound like the Mad Hatter!)when I put in my two penn'orth? Am I supposed to log in and give a password?  Did I ever have a password?  Please elucidate further on the "profiles".  I'd also like specific instructions on attaching some photos.  No, don't get excited folks, just a "look where I live now" sort of thing.  
Brenda

Dickie Eagle

Re: Profiles
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 09:24:57 AM »
Mike, am I supposed to be doing something other than what I am doing when I put in my two penn'orth? Am I supposed to log in and give a password?  Did I ever have a password?  Please elucidate further on the "profiles".  I'd also like specific instructions on attaching some photos.  No, don't get excited folks, just a "look where I live now" sort of thing.  
Brenda[/quote] Just keep on doin' what you're doin' as long as they make you feel warm,and put a smile on our faces ,as for Pictures ask Syd to take a couple of "upside down" ones As for the password Bren, just say "S'me" cos we know you do other things as well as keeping cows ,if you are a good girl I'll send you a sprig of my Hops for a button-hole        Dickie.......................

Anonymous

Re: Profiles
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 11:58:34 PM »
[,if you are a good girl I'll send you a sprig of my Hops for a button-hole        Dickie.......................[/quote]

Oooh Dickie, wouldn't I just love to be able to smell fresh hops again!  I have a photo of a group of us from Crutchley Rd, Catford waiting to get on the coach to take us hop-picking.  Once I learn to attach photos, I'll get it onto the site.
Brenda

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Using Profiles
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 01:36:51 PM »
Hi Brenda,
I used to make my own brew of beer in the 70's and the best part was smelling the hops boiling.
The beer wasn't bad eather.
All the best Keith ( K9 )
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Anonymous

Using Profiles
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 09:26:44 AM »
Quote from: Keith
Hi Brenda,
I used to make my own brew of beer in the 70's and the best part was smelling the hops boiling.

I make Syd's beer Keith with the hops and malt and sugar.  The hops are dried though and don't small quite the same  or as delightful as I remember them when they came off the vine.  
Memory does silly things though, doesn't it?
Brenda

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Beer making !
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 11:17:53 PM »
Quote from: Keith
Hi Brenda,
The beer wasn't bad eather.
All the best Keith ( K9 )
 I've dipped out on wine and Beer making and never got round to it but I do like a Kentish beer called "Spitfire" it is scrumptious, I have some of the notorious Posters, such as a bottle in flight and the logo "No Fokker can touch it ". Or one with a row of pump handles at 45 degrees like a Nazi salute with the logo "Seek Ale " (Seig heil ! ). or three glasses, One upright and full, one at an angle half full,the third upside down and empty ! This poster simply states "Goering......Goering..........GONE ! My Hops are marvellous and cover most of one side of the garden with a shady bower up the end nice and secluded too , (any offers ?) Strangely it's the only place you don't get midges or flies.....................Dickie
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
Keith
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2003, 02:43:46 PM »
Keith I have put a message on Brenda's shops and stuff
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960