Author Topic: Trying to trace Thomas ( Tom ,Tommy) Crawford  (Read 3701 times)

adcross

• View Profile
    • Email
Trying to trace Thomas ( Tom ,Tommy) Crawford
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:29 AM »
Hi everybody,
My name is Tony Cross ex 306 Shroffold Road 1946 - 1960.
I have tried before but with no success so am trying again to trace Tom. I can't remember the name of the road that he lived in but as you left "up the top "travelling "down the bottom "he lived on the road that went from Downham Way to Bromley Road. Nearing the end of the road there were blocks of 2- 3 storey flats and Tom lived on the second floor with his Father Alec mother Katie younger brothers Alec and Jim and sister Rene. They migrated to Australia in about 1960 the father transferred to Adelaide with De Havilland. Tom was quite a good footballer and played a few games for Juventus Adelaide and there was talk that he moved to somewhere in the Blue Mountains NSW. Jimmy stayed in Downham as he didn't want to migrate.

If anybody has any info please contact me at adcrosstx@hotmail.com
My now wife Frances lived at 57 Ballamore Road from the 1940's until we got married in 1960 and then migrated to NZ in 1961 then onto Buderim, Sunshine Coast Queensland in 1999.My wife's maiden name was Day and she is a twin of Margaret, they went to Pendragon and then onto Durham Hill.
there was some mention of a young lad getting killed at the Footbridge, one of the things that I remember was when a youngster climbed the iron railings slipped and was impaled on  a spike. He was quite lucky in one sense as the spike went into his upper leg and no higher.
All the best to the Downhamíites

Tony Cross.
A.D.Cross

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace Thomas ( Tom ,Tommy) Crawford
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:05:52 AM »
I Think the road you can`t remember is Southover. It Runs from Downham Way by what was Public Toilets towards Sundrige Park The flats are near the bottom on the left side with a green in front. Hope That Helps.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

adcross

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 05:50:31 AM »
Thanks Splinter that's correct.

Cheers.
A.D.Cross

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:02:57 AM »
That`s OK. I go back to Downham every month and travel up Southover it hasn`t changed that much. I am afraid i am too young to know many of the people that have been asked for. I Was born on the 6th April 1954 in Pendragon Road went to Ballamore Nursery and Infants and 3 years ago i met a work mate who was at school with me then, he lived in the flats in Ballamore. His Name is Linsey DeBruin. Not a name to forget. after 50 years.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.