Author Topic: Mrs Farmers stall  (Read 5378 times)

royf

• View Profile
    • Email
Mrs Farmers stall
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
when I used to walk to school at Downderry I went past Mrs Farmers sweet stall in Shroffold road just down from Moorside cross roads this was in the early 50s anybody recall the stall and buying sweets for a happenny i/e fruit salad and black jacks lovely lady and her son repaired clocks.
I moved up to Downham from Walworth in 1949 came up on a tram went to Downderry school untill 1953 then went to Durham Hill tec college for teds.
Anybody remember the airplane that landed on Durham hill and they took it to pieces to get it off and when they took the tram lines up in Downham way we were up and down with the pram getting tarry blocks for the fire bornt a treat and saved mum&dad some coal money.I have had some great times on Downham and I still live here today just down from my old alma marta which they pulled down a few years back.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mrs Farmers stall
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »
Hi Roy, Cannot remember the sweet stall, was around in the 50s & 60s use to work Sundays, at Browmies stall at the Northover Pub, went to Durham Hill for teds, 4B2 Mr Rose was my teacher I left in 1957. Sure do remember the plane that crash landed on Durham hill that was my way home from school. yes the tarry blocks (Jarrah blocks covered in tar) all the way from Western Australia made good burning. Frank H
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:43:49 AM by Frank (hutchsky) »
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960