Author Topic: Sandhurst Road School Memorial.  (Read 2062 times)

billbaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Sandhurst Road School Memorial.
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
In May this year (2013) my brother came over to the UK from Brisbane with a woman friend, we visited my sister's grave at Hither Green Cemetery, not an easy task locating it as the grass in the whole cemetery is over 12 inches high and appears to have not seen a lawnmower for years, as usual we walked over to the Sandhurst School Memorial which is close by, you may be pleased to know that  the Memorial is now in a pristine condition which is some different to when I last visited it some years ago when most of the paving slabs were broken and sunk down and overgrown with weeds. The woman with my brother was visibly moved when she saw the ages of the children.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Sandhurst Road School Memorial.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
What!  There is no cemetery groundsperson? 

Bren

billbaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
Hi Brenda, if there is he's not doing his job properly, also many of the memorial plaques around the crematorium have been stolen including one to my mother-in-law and father-in-law, they wrote me to say it was due for renewal, when I said OK they said "sorry but it's been stolen."

Bill.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
How very sad: not only that plaques are stolen and the grounds neglected but that there are people who have a total lack of respect and sensibility.

Bren