Author Topic: Message from Brenda  (Read 10471 times)

Anonymous

Message from Brenda
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 09:19:39 PM »
:lol: Ill come dancing in Abbey Wood, the light fandango if I could, my hair a blowing in the breeze
the birds a laughing in the trees.  Anon

Anonymous

Message from Brenda
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 10:48:14 PM »
[quote="Dick Eagle,but I was on my way to Dartford (Been an awful lot of changes there and I do mean AWFUL ) my sister in law had a heart attack then pulled off the "Spring Double" with a Stroke,poor kid she is only 60. it will take some time for her to get back to normal. sorry not a very cheerful note .

I am very, very sorry to hear that Dickie - and only 60 too. Gosh, I can relate to that!  It's far too young for such catastrophes.  I do hope she does well.  It's a worry for you all.
Brenda

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »
It's far too young for such catastrophes.  I do hope she does well.  It's a worry for you all.Brenda[/quote]Hope you all enjoy the May Bank holiday folk ! Do you celebrate down under ? It is my young (?) sisters Birthday a whole 76 now . Her birth caused consternation in both families as my mother wanted to name her "May" after the sister she lost born on 1st May,  so did my father,after the sister he lost who coincidently was also born on 1st May in each case both grans wanted to name their child May also , needless to say superstition prevailed and my sister was named "Louisa Amelia" . My Aunts called her "Queenie" which transposed into "Rene"and that has stuck with her to this day.  And No ! I really have no idea why I was christened "Dick"   'bye now, have fun  Dickie............ 8)
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Anonymous

Message from Brenda
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 03:35:49 PM »
I too was very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law Dickie and  wish her a full recovery.  I used to work in the stroke unit in Occupational Therapy and the younger they were the better was the recovery. You could have popped in for a cup of tea on your journey to Dartford in better circumstances . The little pocket that I live in near Barnhurst Station is one of the better parts (I think) but I always had a yearning to live Richmond Way but the property prices were way out of my limit. My son was born in Kensington however (Lewisham Hospital being full up where I was booked into living in Downham at the time). Best wishes Bel