Author Topic: Message from Brenda  (Read 10517 times)

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« on: February 12, 2004, 12:16:17 PM »

I'm having a lot of computer problems.  Syd's managed to get the email up and running (yet again) but I can't use the Internet which seems really silly.  Until he gets things sorted out, would you mind putting a message onto Downham Online for me?  Just tell folk I say "Hallo" and my absence from the forum, hopefully, will be temporary, or forward this message.

Oh yes, got another snake last week.  I'd looked out of the window and had a legs-to-jelly moment because I thought I saw a snake in the garden.  It turned out to be a branch of a gum tree.  I decided to move it lest I get another fright and en route to it, what did I nearly step on?  Yep, a tiger snake.  Fortunately, I had put my thicks socks on and taken the mattock with me.  I said "**** me!" - which wasn't at all ladylike - and struck it.  I got it with the first blow - unusual for me.  

All's well here apart from our bull pushing down a boundary fence and hoofing it over our neighbour's paddocks.  Good thing they are nice people.  The two fellows came and helped me round him up and get him back home.  I have threatened him with the dog-meat factory.

Cheerio for now
Brenda
My name is Keith Allen but I use ( K9 ) as my nick name.
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Re: Message from Brenda
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 12:05:05 PM »
Quote from: Keith

I'm having a lot of problems.  Syd's lrunning (yet again)  which seems really silly.  .  I said "**** me!" - which wasn't at all ladylike  I got  the first blow .  I have threatened him with the dog-meat factory.
 Cheerio for nowBrenda
[/quote)                                                       Cor Bren, you do have fun,poor old Syd give him a Hug and make up !. As you can see I have "trouble" with my computer as well Why don't you have another server handy? I use BT and MSN. but Keith is an admirable intermediary . I do have lots of randy frogs croaking away now so we are going into phase 2, Frogspawn time and I collect a bucket full to protect them from early oblivion when the fish get hungry ,  The  Newts & Salamanders seem able to look after themselves  Thats it for now, I'll come back later 'bye now,   Dickie............

Anonymous

Re: Message from Brenda
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 08:47:44 PM »

I'm having a lot of computer problems.  

Hallo folks,  I'm back - sort of - this screen is looking very peculiar.  So I think I'll catch up on all your entries before I find myself looking into a void again.
Bye for now
Brenda

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 12:30:03 PM »

HI Brenda glad to see your back on line, as for Dickie, I only have one tree frog, that I recue from my dogs and throw in the fish pond, I would love to have Newts & Salamanders in the pond but the nearest thing I get to that is Geckos, ( I think I spelt that wrong ) but they are a small lizard that breakes its tail of and lets it wriggle while it escapes, and they are usually in the Aviary, and only about three inches long.
Went to see the Quack today, have got the swollen foot and itchy rash again, that I went to him for last year, he says its an alergy, but it only took a month to fix that last time, all the troubles I've had since has been the tablets they have been trying me on for depresion, I said I was better befor they tryed the four antidepresion tablets, so I've got him to take me off them,and see what happens, just treeting the swollen foot and Rash.
I think my Tai Chi will do more for me Depresion wize.
I think I might be rambelling on so that's yer lot.
From Keith ( K9 )
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Keith needs cheering up
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 01:48:12 PM »

HI Brenda glad to see your back on line, as for Dickie, I Went to see the Quack today, have got the swollen foot and itchy rash again, that I went to him for last year, he says its an alergy, but it only took a month to fix that last time, all the troubles I've had since has been the tablets they have been trying me on for depresion, I said I was better befor they tryed the four antidepresion tablets, so I've got him to take me off them, so that's yer lot.From Keith ( K9 )
             Sorry you are in another low trough mate, wish I could wave me little Sooty stick (Don't get excited Bren,and you Beryl ). you are on your own but the family aren't far away, and the missus isn't really that far away even if you can't hold hands there is still a lot of her around you and maybe she would not want you to mourn continually for her,just wait ,be patient, one day she will be there again for you . Look outwards Keith, think of the great times you had, enjoy the Briney and the Whiskey Macs. Remember life is for living. Chin up Cobber and lets have a few more breezy epistles ,    All the Best ,    Dickie E............[/quote]

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 12:46:19 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Dickie.
Picture in the Galery.
All the best Keith ( K9 )
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Message from Brenda
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 06:47:37 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Dickie. Picture in the Galery. All the best Keith ( K9 )
  I enjoyed the Gallery mate,your father looked young,was that both your dad and Grahams in the Desert with Monty, I had him down as one of the wars finest leaders.Apparently Monty and Spike Milligan won the North African campaign together.  Incidently Keith, your friend George bears a resemblance to a chum from Tristram Rd., Another George (Bellinger) who was in the Airbourne at Arnhem. Er! did you get my E-mail re. Cliff Lethbridge ?. His Aunt was cremated at Bodmin last monday so we said our goodbyes but couldn't contact Clifford  Ah well!       @bye for now Dickie.............

Bel

• View Profile
Message from Brenda
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 07:24:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that you arnt too well again Keith, but Dickie is a real tonic, better than any tablets, also makes me smile and  writes a lot of sense. The photos are great and its good to know what is going on in Downham. I can imagine Brenda and her Syd, another great contact. Nothing is happening here in Northumberland Heath at the moment, but Erith which is near by is getting a face lift . Best wishes to all Bel

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 12:45:46 PM »

HI Beryl,
Good to hear from you again, looking forward to some pictures of your new seroundings at Northumberland Heath, yes I get a lot of comfort from Dickie's and Brenda's coments, and the one from my Brother, I've only been off the antidepression tablets a few days but feel a lot better so far, I think they must have spelt it wrong, they should have left off the (anti).
I'm beeing weend off my Steroids, I still don't look like Arnald Swartsneeger but I'm beegining to feel human again.
By the way Dickie, didn't recieve any email about Cliff Lethbridge?
and I don't know about Monty and Spike wining the North African Campaign, but I have heard that John Wayn and Robert Mitchum won the war on D/Day.
Please excuse the spelling, can't blame it on the tablets, it's just me.
All the best to all.
Keep it up Mike, still the best Website.
Keith ( K9 )
Regards Keith.

Dickie Eagle

Contributing to the Gallery
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 09:35:48 PM »
[quote="Keith"Thanks for the kind words Dickie.Picture in the Galery. All the best Keith ( K9 )[/b][/quote]        Okay Keith. I have put a few pictures in the Gallery, I hope you will enjoy them. A bit of a mixture but they cover most things  Dickie E................................... :D

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Re: Contributing to the Gallery
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 10:12:37 AM »
"Dickie Eagle: I have put a few pictures in the Gallery, I hope you will enjoy them. A bit of a mixture but they cover most things  Dickie E................................... :D

Dickie - what a great collection of pictures; brilliant
Mike

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 07:38:09 PM »
[quote="Keith"HI BerylBy the way Dickie, didn't recieve any email about Cliff Lethbridge?
Keep it up Mike, still the best Website.
Keith ( K9 )   Keith, I may have sent the E-mail via this web D-0n L mate might have been better to have sent it direct eh ? all over now and the ashes are going off wadebridge into the river Camel thats where the "Lady of Shallot" is supposed to have drifted down past Camelot.  The Phot gallery is coming on,and quite interesting especially now that you can identify names with faces. Come on Brenda don't be shy where's those Upside down ones ? (Oh all right, you can wear Syd's cycle clips then !), and BEL you too lets be having you in the Gallery too.  Got to scoot now for Evensong   'bye        Dickie.............
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)

Anonymous

Message from Brenda
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 08:39:04 PM »
[ The Phot gallery is coming on,and quite interesting especially now that you can identify names with faces. Come on Brenda don't be shy where's those Upside down ones ?     Dickie.............[/quote]

Dickie, the technology daunts me - I admit it, I am a techo-idiot.  Sometimes, I can't even get into the photo gallery and when I do, I am confused by the little boxes and shapes.  I am sure it has something to do with my brain functions.   I only have to see geometrical layouts and the curtain is pulled over my thinking.  That's why I was so hopeless at maths in school.   Perhaps I'm "shape dyslexic".  Maybe I'll have to send some to Mike via email and let him do the work.  What do you think Mike?
Brenda

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 10:22:19 AM »
Maybe I'll have to send some to Mike via email and let him do the work.  What do you think Mike?
Brenda

Always happy to load photos that are emailed to me!
Mike

Dickie eagle

• View Profile
    • Email
Message from Brenda
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 09:59:54 AM »
Quote from: Bel
Sorry to hear that you arnt too well again Keith, but Dickie is a real tonic, Nothing is happening here in Northumberland Heath at the moment, but Erith which is near by is getting a face lift . Best wishes to all Bel
Last Friday I passed through Bel ! I did wave as the train went through your station,but I was on my way to Dartford (Been an awful lot of changes there and I do mean AWFUL ) my sister in law had a heart attack then pulled off the "Spring Double" with a Stroke,poor kid she is only 60. it will take some time for her to get back to normal. sorry not a very cheerful note . The Spring has sprung and in the Spring,what's springing aint the only thing, turn back the clock, if I just could and go "Nymph dancing" in Abbey Wood !. Who's coming ? Dickie..........
Tristram Rd.,  M.N, RN. FAA. RFA,s  from 1941 to 1971  retired ex-MOD(Navy) , Moved to Downham in 1927 .! Travelled a bit With long spells ashore in USA, Malta, Southern India, Japan, NZ and OZ also attatched to Aus Navy ( HMAS Sydney)