Author Topic: Weather  (Read 5173 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Weather
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:44:52 AM »
We have had some terrible weather here in WA.  How are you Frank?  Did you suffer any damage? I believe Rockingham was badly hit.  The rain of course is wonderful.  There was a stupid American news reporter saying that Perth could be the first city 'abandoned' because of climate change.  She really needed to be here this week.  It's pouring again as I type, but 5 minutes ago it was bright sunshine.  Brenda - How's Victoria doing?
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
We have had some terrible weather here in WA.  How are you Frank?  Did you suffer any damage? I believe Rockingham was badly hit.  The rain of course is wonderful.  There was a stupid American news reporter saying that Perth could be the first city 'abandoned' because of climate change.  She really needed to be here this week.  It's pouring again as I type, but 5 minutes ago it was bright sunshine.  Brenda - How's Victoria doing?

Gosh, Pauline, it sounds grim over there and, believe it or not, I've heard no news about it.

Our weather down here in Victoria is mixed: morning frosts, sunny days, howling winds, lots of rain, mild, stormy - you name it, we've had it.  Lots of water around still because the ground just can't hold any more but we'll be pretty glad of it during summer, I am sure.

Bren

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:50:23 AM »
Another couple of Stormy  days the rain is much needed, I think we made or close to our July average, but could do without the wind, so far no damage. Have started plans to do a trip up North to the warm weather in August-September its reachining the 30s at the moment up there, and of course the wild flowers will be good due to the rains, all is well Thanks Frank
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:55:20 AM by Frank (hutchsky) »
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:14:56 AM »
Here in England have had a wet june july. But we are now having a hot start to August but i doubt it will last that long. So its all downhill to Christmas i think. Any way look on the bright side, we can all talk about the weather no matter where in the world we are.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »
The last two days have been very warm down here - too warm almost, and the wind was stifling and took my breath away.  It's warm enough to wake up those long wiggly things and I found a baby one under a piece of wood yesterday - and very lively it was an' all.  Not happy!

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
The last two days have been very warm down here - too warm almost, and the wind was stifling and took my breath away.  It's warm enough to wake up those long wiggly things and I found a baby one under a piece of wood yesterday - and very lively it was an' all.  Not happy!

Bren

No long wiggly things here yet, still a bit too chilly I think.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:13:22 AM »
Well here in Canada we have had humid weather, which I would like too add was one of the benefit's of living in England,as an Island we seem to get changes of weather any time during the day, Canada and Australia being large country's may not benefit from the weather patterns that surround  the UK.   But then of course there is the riots in London, most disappointed that the old country would come to that. We have had riots in Toronto when they held the G-20 summit, and also after the Vancouver winter Olympics, but groups of fanatics where spotted who obviously turn up to cause trouble were 75% of the problem. I wonder if this is what happend in England, some reports blame people from other country's who now live in England, but most of it was as they call it home grown people. Sorry I  diverse form the subject, but I really am sorry too hear what happend. Smiffy >:(
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:38 AM »
It has been very sad to see the troubles in England.  I expect social reasons will be said to be the cause but it strikes me that most of it was thuggery by people who have absolutely no integrity at all and appear to be cretins - apologies to the genuine cretins who are as they are through no fault of their own.

Bren

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
Riots in the UK have gone off the radar here in Oz.  I trust everything has settled down now and hope many of the thugs and looters have been caught, charged and have to pay the price.  I suppose the bleeding hearts will be on their side though.

Bren

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »
Yes it`s all settled down now. Most caught were villains anyway. We have had one of the coldest/wettest summers on record. So much for GLOBAL WARMING!!! and we are taxed extra to help prevent it. Think i will ask for a rebate.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
I hope the courts did not exercise leniency.

Bren

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
No. They all got sentanced to jail. One got 17 weeks for stealing a bottle of water. So hopefully they have all learned a good lesson. But the DO-GOODERS are all moaning. So i think if there is a next riot it should be in their street, might change their tune then.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
Just got back from our trip, we went North the weather was warmer and shorts and T shirts were the norm. The wild flowers are full on and every were looks green, headed out to the gold fields this week but got caught in a flash storm, it only lasted a few hours but the caravan took a rocking (no damage) and then it turned fine again, have to be a bit carefull when on red dusty roads when its wet, a good time to get into trouble, so care is needed,even got a bit of colour into the winter white legs. We have had our normal rain again this month, a wet year?
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »
No. They all got sentanced to jail. One got 17 weeks for stealing a bottle of water. So hopefully they have all learned a good lesson. But the DO-GOODERS are all moaning. So i think if there is a next riot it should be in their street, might change their tune then.

Goody - pleased to hear it: the sentencing, that is.

Bren