Author Topic: Nothing in particular  (Read 6592 times)

Brenda

• View Profile
Nothing in particular
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:31:39 AM »
We're having one of those quiet patches, aren't we, so I thought I drop in to say 'hallo'.  I trust everyone is chugging along alright.  I hear that those of you in England aren't having too wonderful a summer.  We're in winter here so it is a little bare and bleak at present. Still getting a little sunshine now and then though as well as plenty of rain.  Pauline, are your tanks full yet?
Dickie, dear, are you still out there?

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Nothing in particular
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:54:12 AM »
We're having one of those quiet patches, aren't we, so I thought I drop in to say 'hallo'.  I trust everyone is chugging along alright.  I hear that those of you in England aren't having too wonderful a summer.  We're in winter here so it is a little bare and bleak at present. Still getting a little sunshine now and then though as well as plenty of rain.  Pauline, are your tanks full yet?
Dickie, dear, are you still out there?

Bren

Hi Brenda

Yes the tanks are full and overflowing.  The overflow got into the pump house, and shorted out the pump, even through there was a drain in the floor.  All fixed now.
The sun is shining today.  21 degrees, and really very pleasant outside.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
Good to know your water situation is good now, Pauline.  Not so good it got where it didn't orta!  But this sort of thing is the price we pay for not living in the suburbs on mains water, isn't it?  I'm sure that - like me - you wouldn't swap it.

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:49:50 AM »
Good to know your water situation is good now, Pauline.  Not so good it got where it didn't orta!  But this sort of thing is the price we pay for not living in the suburbs on mains water, isn't it?  I'm sure that - like me - you wouldn't swap it.

Bren

Mains water?  EEEUUUWWW!! YUK!!!!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
Does town water in WA taste as foul as it does in Vic?

Bren

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:00:25 AM »

Bren
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:19:04 AM »

Bren

Pressed the wrong key!  We travel around the country and have found that Perth water is not too bad, some of the country town's water is shocking and now have filters on our Caravan due to that. We have a cold front arriving today so some more much needed rain. When driving around we see a lot of dead trees around the place, due to our long hot summer. Where we do our Volie work ( Men of the Trees) its been a hard year for our new plants, we have lost quite a few, but the nursery is looking good with this rain.
                      Splinter we have just finshed watching a show on Eddy Stobart trucking Co,  interesting stuff, quite a bit has change since I was lorry driving in the Uk even a name change Trunkers and shunters now Trampers a day/night locals, mind you over here (long distance and locals) they tow four trailers(Road trains)we now get pocket road trains in the metro area (2Trailers and B Doubles)
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
Yes i am afraid the trucking game has totally changed now. All the new lorries now tell your boss where you are and how you are driving even if you brake to hard. So you now have to drive differently to how you have done for years. My job is OK but the thought of having to do it for another 10 years is a bit depressing. But as i am not going to win the lottery needs must.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:31 AM »

Bren

You can actually smell the bleach!!!! It's terrible!

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:34:42 AM »
Bleach?  Ugh - how vile would that be?

I know I was astounded when I first tasted tap water here - Melbourne suburb.  As far as I remember, London tap water had no taste at all so it came as a bit of a shock.  You can't beat rainwater and none of us worry about what might have been on the roof!

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 05:15:18 AM »
Bleach?  Ugh - how vile would that be?

I know I was astounded when I first tasted tap water here - Melbourne suburb.  As far as I remember, London tap water had no taste at all so it came as a bit of a shock.  You can't beat rainwater and none of us worry about what might have been on the roof!

Bren

Or in the tanks  :o

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »
Very true, Pauline.  But we don't seem to suffer, do we?

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 06:35:58 AM »
Very true, Pauline.  But we don't seem to suffer, do we?

Bren

No we dont, or from septic tanks either.  But what I do like is no rates for water or sewerage.

BTW it was cold this morning -3deg where we live.  There was a bitter wind as well.  It's now lunchtime and it's still cold!  Pete had to hose the car down this morning to get the frost off.  BUT - then we know that summer WILL come eventually, and like last year it didn't know when it had worn out it's welcome!  Unfortunately with it comes the bushfire season.  The weather is acting very strange..

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:33 AM »
Well it's bloody hot here in Canada, oops sorry ladies, foul language. But it is 35c, but I guess you get hotter down under. Anycase glad to know you are all out and about. Yes Dickie where are you?. Smiffy  :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 05:49:41 AM »
Well it's bloody hot here in Canada, oops sorry ladies, foul language. But it is 35c, but I guess you get hotter down under. Anycase glad to know you are all out and about. Yes Dickie where are you?. Smiffy  :)

Cold here, too, this morning.  Ice on the bird baths.  We've had some sunny patches and I've been able to get out to work in the garden so I mustn't complain.  I shall look back on these chilly days with pleasure once summer comes.  You're very welcome to the 35oC, Smiffy.

Bren