Author Topic: Looking for my parents  (Read 12281 times)

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• MSN Messenger - peterpryke@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for my parents
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
Hi Hoppo.
              Thanks for the info you have supplied. enabling me to phone and make contact with Dave Kelly.
It is a small world now, with the internet the world is shrinking, I tried to do this 10/12 yrs ago but the internet resources  just weren't available like they are today.
Again, thanks for your help
Pete
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 06:18:15 AM »
Well, Hoppo, it was fortunate that you signed up to Downhamonline and thus were able to help Peter fulfil his dream of finding his birth family.  Not entirely in full - which is really sad - but wonderful to know his uncles are so welcoming.  No doubt they will be able to fill him in on the history and other things he needs to know.  Doesn't it feel absolutely marvellous to have been instrumental in all this?  It's just wonderful.

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:59 AM »
Downham-on-Line the greatest thing that ever happend. Thanks to Mike.  :) :D ;D 8) ??? ::)   Smudger/Smith/Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »
Downham-on-Line the greatest thing that ever happend. Thanks to Mike.  :) :D ;D 8) ??? ::)   Smudger/Smith/Smiffy

Yes, grateful thanks certainly go to Mike. 

Bren

hoppo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
AAAWWWWEE GOSSSSSHHH UUMMM!!!!! I only did what any body would do, It is strang that I applied to join the site in dec last and only got clearance a few days before finding the family requests..... I suppose we all look at these in case we know some one but never do..... then POW! .................. I am just getting a handle on this site now and dide'nt realise somany of you all live overseas, Keep up the good work and if noone has any objections I will witter on here from time to time...... Love to all Hoppo ex 22 pelinore road not quite downham but my mother lived in Keedenwood road for quite some years I remember it was the left semi may be 185 or there abouts, I have wedding pictures of several of my aunts taken in the back garden oh! Happy days....

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
The late Keith Allen, a Downhamonline member, was brought up in Keedonwood Rd.  Like many of us, he left England many years ago and lived in W.A.

Interesting really how so many of us who are so very far from Downham now still tend to think of it as home. 

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Quote//   Interesting really how so many of us who are so very far from Downham now still tend to think of it as home. 

Bren

We never forget where we came from.  Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »
Bren, hoppo, etc.
          Update. spoke to my uncle. found my sister, she has 4 brothers and sisters and in contact, so I guess my search is over, everyone searched is avail for contact. this site made it possible. thanks to every one who helped and posted to this topic. Downham people rock.
Hugs and wishes to every body involved.
Pete
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:39 AM »
AAAWWWWEE GOSSSSSHHH UUMMM!!!!! I only did what any body would do, It is strang that I applied to join the site in dec last and only got clearance a few days before finding the family requests..... I suppose we all look at these in case we know some one but never do..... then POW! .................. I am just getting a handle on this site now and dide'nt realise somany of you all live overseas, Keep up the good work and if noone has any objections I will witter on here from time to time...... Love to all Hoppo ex 22 pelinore road not quite downham but my mother lived in Keedenwood road for quite some years I remember it was the left semi may be 185 or there abouts, I have wedding pictures of several of my aunts taken in the back garden oh! Happy days....
Hi Hippo welcome to the site, I lived in Keedonwood Road from 1948-1960 now in Oz
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »
Bren, hoppo, etc.
          Update. spoke to my uncle. found my sister, she has 4 brothers and sisters and in contact, so I guess my search is over, everyone searched is avail for contact. this site made it possible. thanks to every one who helped and posted to this topic. Downham people rock.
Hugs and wishes to every body involved.
Pete

What a wonderful, wonderful outcome for you, Peter.  It seems the Kelly family has welcomed you into their fold and that would suggest Vera would have done so too. 
Now, as you are in the USA and they are - presumably - in the UK, what next?  I do so hope you'll keep us updated; I - and everyone else, I am sure - looks forward to the next happy episode.

Bren

mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downhamonline.org.uk
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
Hi Pete
What a happy outcome! Thanks go to all the participants in the forum who kindly keep the posts ticking over, and are prepared to help out - what a great bunch.
I don't manage to post that often these days, but do try to keep up with posts every few days, and reading this thread today made my week.
Mike

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
Thanks Mike
     Terrific site, Made my quest possible.
Pete
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
That 's a truly remarkable  achievement, Pauline.  How long did it take you to get back so far?

Bren

Not long at all - those little leaves kept appearing (like in the adverts) and after checking that things matched, I will able to fill in more detaisl and more leaves popped up!
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.