Author Topic: Looking for my parents  (Read 12201 times)

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• MSN Messenger - peterpryke@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for my parents
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »
Hi everyone, Please help if you can, I am looking for my mother, she was living at 83 shrofflod road c1961, Her name was Vera Joan Kelly.
She may be married now, I have no idea.  If you went to school with her, which school was it and did she have any brothers or sisters?
When she was sixteen she worked at the local petrol station. If anybody knows her or knows somebody that might please let me know.
PPRYKE@COX.NET
tele# 480-204-8300
Phoenix, AZ
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for my parents
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:35:52 PM »
Welcome peter, Sorry cannot help you but wish you good luck in your search.  Smiffy  :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »
Sorry Peter, I can't help although I lived in the next road.  However, as far as I remember, there was no petrol station on the estate itself in 1961.

Have you tried Friendsreunited?  Local secondary schools at that time were: Durham Hill and Churchdown County Secondary School for girls. Primary schools were Pendragon, Ballamore and Downderry.

Good luck in your search. Do let us know if you get any good leads or if we can help in any other way.

Bren

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
Thanks for your reply's to date.
  Thanks Pete................
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
I have been told by an ex neighbour of your Mum that she may of deid in the early 1990`s. Sorry to be giving bad news.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:45:28 AM »
That would be sad indeed, but at least it gives Peter a chance to verify this and at least he would know.  Peter, I'm sorry if this turns out to be true but even if so, you might still find some answers to your questions.

Bren

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Peter. Could you give me more details of your Mum, ie Date of birth and was she living with her Mum and if possible your Nans name and her age. That is why i said May and not did incase its your Nan i have been told about.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
Hi guys.
   Thanks for all the posts. I don't have much info to tell. Possibly her father was Hubert T Kelly. 1923-1997???
House transfer from greater London council  and H Kelly in 1981. I think he was something to do with the Lewisham area.
Pete.
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Further to the previous post, The person who brought the house on 83 Shroffold rd is A Wright. if any one knows of her it could be beneficial, she may know of H Kellys previous address and or other relatives, or I can search from and back track his data, Kind of a reverse search to his siblings.Vera kelly would be approxiamatly 66 years, putting here DOB around 1944-46.
Pete
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:37:56 PM by Peter Pryke »
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »
Pete. Do you Know if your Mum lived with your Nan as it could be your Nan that died in the ealy 90`s

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »
Hi, I have no other info.
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »
OK Peter i will try and find out more info for you but it might take some time, so keep looking in. Could you give me your date of birth, Place of birth and is your name your birth name. That would help me a lot.

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 06:13:38 AM »
Peter Adam Kelly, October 11th 1961. registered birth Streatham Wansworth.  Born Weir maternity hospital
83 Shroffold road, Bromley Kent
Mother: Vera Joan Kelly.
Father unknown

Thanks Splinter
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
What year was your mother born, Peter?  There are four Vera Kellys on people's trees in Genes Reunited: two born in 1944 and two born in 1949. These are people that are listed in family trees and could be the same person.  If the dates tally in any way with your mother's, and if you are not subscribed to Genes R, I would be happy to send a message to the four people whose trees this name appears on.   You never know your luck, do you?

Bren

Peter Adam Kelly (Pryke)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
Hi Brenda
Thank you very much for the info, purchased credits. looks like 1944 DOB and married Milne?????
Great info Brenda, will follow this up.....
Pete
Peter Adam Pryke (Kelly)