Author Topic: Pie and Mash  (Read 19217 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Pie and Mash
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »
No Storms it just fissed out, so back to the hot weather, how the floods going Brenda. I used the cafe opp the taven in my school days did not like school dinners to much and had chips and something most days also could buy a woodbine for 2pence fun days

I don't remember a cafe opposite the tavern!  When was it there? 
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 03:42:45 AM »
No, there wasn't a cafe opposite the tavern in our day.  When my family moved there in 1948, there was a workman's cafe a shop or two down from Allneeds but for most of my life on Downham, there wasn't a cafe to be found.

Bren

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
I used the cafe opposite the Downham Tavern every day, instead of school dinners, and he use to sell us kids a cigie for 2 pence, I could just make chips and a sausage and a fag for school dinner money. I seem to remember it was in the left hand side looking from the tavern.
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 09:02:44 AM »
No, there wasn't a cafe opposite the tavern in our day.  When my family moved there in 1948, there was a workman's cafe a shop or two down from Allneeds but for most of my life on Downham, there wasn't a cafe to be found.

Bren

Did they turn that into a launderette?
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:14 AM »

Bren

Did they turn that into a launderette?
]

Absolutely right!

Bren