Author Topic: Snow  (Read 6953 times)

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
Snow
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »
I dont think its climate change, I think its going back to what it use to be, getting some great coverage of your snowbound country, dont miss that of the old country(snow and cold) sorry to say we had 30 plus the pass week.
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 01:36:15 AM »
There you go, our road crew here in Southern Ontario have no snow to clear so I will suggest we send them to the old Country to teach them how to handle it.   We are use to more snow than that. LOL.  Smiffy  :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:53:31 AM »
I was trying to recapture that feeling of getting to school/work in deep snow, standing on freezing cold railway stations and bus-stops.  It was probably far worse an ordeal than I actually remember.

Hot and humid down here at the moment - ghastly.  And another storm brewing and more rain coming. Amazing.

Two snakes in the garden so far this season.

Bren

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
Hi all. Yes it has been Snowing a bit. Only 3 Feet of it. And as we only had a weeks notice that it would come, of course the trains got caught out and the council gritted 3 days before the snow came  and not the night it came. It makes you proud to be British. It must be awful to live in a hot climate, lazing out in the sun, having BBQ`s. I really do feel for you. But if you need ice for your drinks i know where i can get some!! About three tons of it in my back garden!! Be of good cheer not long till Christmas, Best wishes.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Vic

• View Profile
Re: Festive Greetings
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
I wish all ex- Downhamites, especially Brenda, Pauline, Splinter, Smiffy, Frank and of course, Mike (although he still lives there), the compliments of the season. I hope that you and your families have a truly great time over the coming holiday.
I hope that next year I will be able to once again join in more fully with all the wonderful reminiscing that goes on on this website. Also, I hope to be able to visit Downham some time in the coming year. In the meantime 'bye for now and God Bless.
With warmest regards,
Vic.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
I would also like to say Merry Christmas to all you Downhamites, and good health in the new year. It has been a great pleasure hearing from you all, and I look forward to many years of us keeping in touch.  God Bless.   Smiffy. :) :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:57 AM »
Thank you all for your Christmas wishes.  May you all have a wonderful Xmas, no matter what you do - or don't do! - and here's wishing you a happy, healthy and safe 2011.

Bren

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »
A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too all of my Friends on this site. Keep Well. John.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
Merry Christmas and a great New Year to all
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:49 AM »
Yes a merry and safe Christmas to everyone.  A happy and healthy new year.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Ken Catlin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »
Hi All. Afraid it is sometime since I posted anything, so would like to wish all contributors a very happy Christmas and a peaceful 2011. We have been pretty lucky with the snow situation here in Cornwall, but there is more forecast. Have fun y'all. Promise to post more in the new year. Ken Catlin

christine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
Hi everybody - been missing for a while I know but just wanted to come on line and wish everybody a very happy Christmas and happy and healthy 2011.  Looks like we have been promised another snowfall tomorrow so guess everything will seize up as previously so unless you have done your Christmas shopping - think that will have to be IT! We are having our bathrooms and cloakroom replaced - have been since middle November - and our Rumanian fitter has turned up every day, including during the heavy snowfall a few weeks ago, from the south coast.  He has no problem with the snow in the UK, cannot understand why the country grinds to a halt, and said that it is nothing compared to the snow in his homeland.  He also works until after 7 p.m. every night without taking a break!  Hopefully he will not be with us on Christmas Day. 

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »
Oh Well. Stuck indoors again, Snow has blocked us all in here. When i had my Shogun 4x4 it never snowed, now iv`e got a Jaguar it`s done nothing but snow and she is a pig in it. So i am going to get another 4x4. I know it`s not green but at this moment i don`t care.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
Some people have a thing about 4x4's but I have found my Patrol is up with large cars and people movers as far as its green thing, and I will not change my 4x4. The one's who shout the most about 4x4's are the ones who use no end of water, leave the flat screen on all day with every light on in the house etc etc. sorry about that! but get your self another they are great to drive on and off road.
Had our first spot of rain today, floods in the north, some needs to come south. Getting plenty of coverage of the snow, over there, still it keeps your mind of the cricket.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
Not long seen the news about floods in WA.  A year's-worth of rain in one day!  Blimey.

Chilly down here in central Victoria.  Lit the fire this morning. A fire - in December. Blimey again!

Bren