Author Topic: Downham - a place in the country  (Read 7114 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Downham - a place in the country
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:04 PM »
Christine hope Hubby OK. I know the army does not want these idiots but what else is there. I would bring back the stocks so you could make them feel idiotic with fruit a veg thrown at them. that would knock there so called respect. And thats for all people who think that they are above the law including Bankers,MPs and his or her muck. I know i am ranting again sorry !!!.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 11:35:10 PM »
I am of on Hols to Marbella for a week now so speak to you all soon.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »
So Ok give me a clue. I am back from hols and everybodies gone again. Went back to Downham today looking ok in the cold sun. The Baring is still boarded up and for sale other than that No Change.

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:31 AM »
Welcome back Splinter, Well its spring here in OZ looking forward to  summer, we are off again this week chasing wild flowers with friends with the caravan. Needs some one like you to get them typing, have not seen Dickie on for a while, is he alright. First chance I had to sit at the computer for a while I have even looked at Downham on Google well all the houses I have lived in around Downham & Catford, Even more so with my wife finding out were most of my family I knew, grew up around Downham and Bromley lived, Cannot get over how small the roads are, and the parked cars every were. My old home 84 Keedonwood Rd looks OK but the flat at the bottom of Downham Way look a bit shabby. Has any one tried to put any photos on the site, I tried but with no luck.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:01:44 AM by Frank (hutchsky) »
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Splinter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
I could`t get my photo`s on so i gave them to Mike. But he must be busy as i havn`t seen them yet.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:59 AM »
Chris, I was just thinking how long it is since we made contact and how I must write to you and check in.

I see it's all been happening for you.  I will be in touch via our email very shortly.

Bren

Jane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 08:05:33 AM »
We are making a series of short films about the area around the Excalibur pre-fab estate which is due to be demolished after a residents' ballot. It feels like the country and many younger people have said that too.

best wishes, Jane
Please take a look at work in progress on the new website www.goldsmithscommunityhub.org.uk
It is still in development but we aim to showcase what we have so far to give people an idea of how they can be involved in producing local news and history.

The youth club is making a documentary about their club, which is threatened with closure next March, and the area. The youth club has been in existence since 1939. We are collecting more stories and any contributions you have will be most gratefully received! I will be at the Downham Christmas Fair aka Winter Festival at the Leisure Centre today from 11 am

with very best wishes for the festive season, Jane