Author Topic: Snow  (Read 7167 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: Snow
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 05:01:46 AM »
Not long seen the news about floods in WA.  A year's-worth of rain in one day!  Blimey.

Chilly down here in central Victoria.  Lit the fire this morning. A fire - in December. Blimey again!

Bren

It's all up north Brenda, we had a lot of rain yesterday, enough to restock my tanks.  Today is warm and sunny, and expected to be 38/40deg on Christmas Day.  My daughter and her family have gone to Bali for Christmas.  Everyone who is left will come to us - should have 12 for Christmas dinner.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 06:16:39 AM »
Good to hear you're tanks are replenished, Pauline. We've got more water down here than we've seen for at least ten years.  Still can't get on some paddocks to cut for hay.  Well, it's turned into straw now - best crop for years and it's ruined. Still, at least we don't depend on it for a living. 

The locusts are now about 30kms away.  I'm hoping they make a right-hand turn instead of a left. Always something, isn't there?

Enjoy your very busy Christmas Day.  Going to be quiet here with just the two of us - and I can't say I mind.

Bren

Frank (hutchsky)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »
Well it looks like the new year is off to a hot start 40c for a few days next week! Happy New Year Best wishes Frank H
Born 1942 at Farnbrough Hospital Kent now living in Rockingham WA been in OZ since 1968. Ex Durham Hill School left 1957 lived at 84 Keedonwood Road 1948-1960

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 01:00:28 AM »
Yes, it 's a shocker down here in Victoria this morning: already very hot with a vicious north wind that takes the breath away and a total fire ban issued.  And after all the rain we've had, all the flooding in paddocks and garden, we are now having to water again.  What a crazy climate.

Anyway: a very happy 2011 to you all.  May it be kind to you.

Bren 

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »
Yeah  Happy New Year every one. We have no snow right now, we passed it on to the States & U.K.. Are'nt we so nice. Hope the rain goes away for you guys, it must be causing havoc!!!.  Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.