Author Topic: World Cup Football  (Read 1803 times)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
World Cup Football
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:23 AM »
Sorry had to start one, England blew a good chance, Aussies well it's a shame but you where up against a fantastic team, but good job anyway. I wonder how the Kiwi's will do they will have to play Italy.  All three stand a chance disregarding teams mentioned. So we will see how it goes. Football is certainly the international game in the World now!!!!.    Smiffy.   P.S I played football once, Left Back, I was always left back in the changing room. :) :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Pauline

• View Profile
Re: World Cup Football
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:02:24 AM »
Sorry had to start one, England blew a good chance, Aussies well it's a shame but you where up against a fantastic team, but good job anyway. I wonder how the Kiwi's will do they will have to play Italy.  All three stand a chance disregarding teams mentioned. So we will see how it goes. Football is certainly the international game in the World now!!!!.    Smiffy.   P.S I played football once, Left Back, I was always left back in the changing room. :) :)

The time difference is all wrong for us.  Not that I like Soccer much.  We did have hopes that our Socceroos would not be so badly beaten, but with the late tackle by Cahill and the theatrics of the european players when they go down (remember the Italians last time) we didn't stand a chance.  Maybe we play too fair. Better luck next game.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: World Cup Football
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:12 AM »
I'm not interested in soccer on the whole, but I wouldn't have minded watching some of the matches had there not been so much terrible noise!  How anyone could be a spectator in that stadium and put up the racket is beyond me. I couldn't even stay in the lounge - went to bed early instead.

Bren