Author Topic: remember the winter  (Read 3270 times)

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Email
remember the winter
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
Good Afternoon to all forum folk.

Remembering the very poor winter we have just had.

The rain and wind came.

The snow was a massive issue,Trains left us stranded,too and from work.

It was cold,wet,and very windy.

Now we have sunshine.

And what a wonderful site this is,People seem full of life.

Smiling, happy, bubbly, people.

With weather like this it is very hard to feel sad.

Enjoy it my forum friends.

Lets have a few posts on here about what you have got up to during this warm spell we are having.

I have always said that if you have the weather in the uk there is no better break than in the west country.

Me thinks i will head that way if the weather keeps this good. 

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: remember the winter
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »
Well i was in Cornwall last week and it was great. It normally rains when i go there but last week, not a cloud. You have to admit that the UK in summer in good weather is still the greatest place to be. It`s just getting the good weather. I am sure that our expats remember lovely summers in blighty.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:23:31 AM »
Well i was in Cornwall last week and it was great. It normally rains when i go there but last week, not a cloud. You have to admit that the UK in summer in good weather is still the greatest place to be. It`s just getting the good weather. I am sure that our expats remember lovely summers in blighty.

I remember my birthday in April was always warm and sunny.  But then I also remember taking bets on which day summer would be.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »
We are having our summer now. No doubt it will rain in July, August And September. The North West of England were flooded out twice last year so bad that it even killed a few people. They are now on Drought alert. Makes you proud to be British. Only we could lose that amount of water. Its all going downhill, next stop for this water is Oz.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »
I am sure that our expats remember lovely summers in blighty.

Yes - but I also remember summers where my cardigan never came off! 

A memory I cherish though, is of those long summer nights.  When I was a child, I loved going to bed when it was still light  and the window could be open for a nice summer breeze to come through.  There was a particular feeling about such a night that can't be reproduced here.

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 05:34:13 AM »
I am sure that our expats remember lovely summers in blighty.

Yes - but I also remember summers where my cardigan never came off! 

A memory I cherish though, is of those long summer nights.  When I was a child, I loved going to bed when it was still light  and the window could be open for a nice summer breeze to come through.  There was a particular feeling about such a night that can't be reproduced here.

Bren

Yes Bren, but at least you do get daylight saving - our misable lot of old foggies keep voting against it - I guess it will be the next generation who benefit.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
Splinter i am pleased you got the weather on your visit to the west country.

I head that way at least once a year,The better half likes to go abroad,(ME) i have taken to Cheddar caves,and longleat,If any of the forum folk have not been to these wonderful places,I reccommend you do,Fantastic days out when you have the weather.

Another great place to visit is plymouth,took a tour by boat around the harbour,a great day out.

I am hoping to get down that way myself soon.not cornwall (although) very beautiful

Possibly Burnham on sea.

Then a few days out in the car

Picnic in hand

Wonderful