Author Topic: introduction  (Read 7790 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: introduction
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »
Anthony where do you live now?
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »
Anthony where do you live now?
i have not long moved back into good old london town after 7 years in margate

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »
I used to buy records in Woolies (sadly gone now).

I remember standing at the record counter with a friend listening to the Everly Brothers singing 'Bye bye Love'.  Free entertainment - never bought the record.

Bren

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »

I would go to Bellingham baths,Fantastic if you had the weather,Cold in the water though.

Yes, I used to go there too.  I must have been made of sturdier stuff then because nothing would induce me to jump into cold water now!

Bren

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »
A school with a pool?  Wimby bars.  eeekk!  I have been away a long time.Downtham Baths for us .... what a terrible place that was.
Children with babies - yes local mentality - if you're not married by the time you're 17 you're on the self.

Pauline, you mentioned the flat in domestic science (saw it before logging on but now can't find it) and Miss Ellis. Yes, I remember it well.  I was always in trouble with that woman.  For starters: I had no interest in the subject and found anything with measurements in it difficult to comprehend.  I could not get my head around making starch 1:4 and that's just one example.  I was also in trouble because when we were required to take something of a certain material to school e.g. silk, I couldn't.  Miss E used to say, "Can't you borrow it from someone," but my mother would never have allowed that. 

I was actually scared of Miss E - and she was a bit of a tyrant, wasn't she? - but once when I had detention from her class and I had to go into the little flat, she spoke quite nicely to me (as well as trying to explain the  1 in 4!) and I formed a different opinion.  Not that it helped me do well in that subject.

Can you remember the name of the other domestic science teacher. I can see her face clearly but her name eludes me.

Bren

Pauline

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 02:04:18 AM »
A school with a pool?  Wimby bars.  eeekk!  I have been away a long time.Downtham Baths for us .... what a terrible place that was.
Children with babies - yes local mentality - if you're not married by the time you're 17 you're on the self.

Pauline, you mentioned the flat in domestic science (saw it before logging on but now can't find it) and Miss Ellis. Yes, I remember it well.  I was always in trouble with that woman.  For starters: I had no interest in the subject and found anything with measurements in it difficult to comprehend.  I could not get my head around making starch 1:4 and that's just one example.  I was also in trouble because when we were required to take something of a certain material to school e.g. silk, I couldn't.  Miss E used to say, "Can't you borrow it from someone," but my mother would never have allowed that. 

I was actually scared of Miss E - and she was a bit of a tyrant, wasn't she? - but once when I had detention from her class and I had to go into the little flat, she spoke quite nicely to me (as well as trying to explain the  1 in 4!) and I formed a different opinion.  Not that it helped me do well in that subject.

Can you remember the name of the other domestic science teacher. I can see her face clearly but her name eludes me.

Bren

I hated domestic science.  I wasn't a cook, and still I am not that flash. My Peter trained as a chef for a while, and is really interested in cooking, so I have improved over the years. My attempts at school always ended up burnt, because I lost interest halfway through.
I can't remember the other domestic science teacher at all.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.