Author Topic: Easter  (Read 1947 times)

Pauline

• View Profile
Easter
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
I hope everyone has a pleasant Easter break.  The sun is still shining here, winter doesn't seem to be in any hurry.  We had a terrific storm last week that did a lot of damage.  Luckily we suffered no damage at all.
I went for a walk around campus today, the lake is as dry as a bone, the ducks have wandered up to the pond where the water is topped up.  There were cockatoos squabbling over pine nuts, ravens calling "Pat, Pat", and Maggies warbling.  Not a cloud to be seen.  Very strange for this time of the year.
The Jacarandas are beginning to flower.  My Irises never stopped.  The weather is behaving very strangely.
Born 1944 in Geraint Road.  Launcelot and Churchdown Schools.  Moved to Western Australia in 1988.
Two children, 6 grandchildren, 3 dogs, hundreds of snakes, spiders and lizards.

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »
Happy Easter to you Pauline and all you other dynamic downhamites. So you Aussies are into Autumn now, cause us Canucks are into Spring. Spring Spring lovely Spring cock yer ear and hear the Birds sing...ang on Smudger your letting that Spring fever get to you, calm down ::).   sorry 'ach em'  Hope you are all well.  God Bless.  Smiffy
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
Very mixed here at the moment, Pauline.  A bit chilly today and the promise of rain, but when the sun shines through the clouds, it's really warm. 

We have got through this summer without having to feed the cattle and we've still got enough for them to graze in one paddock.  This is all thanks to the earlier rain and we wish it was like it every year.

Many of my chrysanthemums are showing their colour now - and the earwigs are breeding up just in time to nibble the buds as usual.  Have got a wonderful show of marigolds and dahlias and we managed to nurse the bougainvillea through the frosts so that is a wonderful show of colour.

Irises? Was given a couple of dozen last year.  Only about half a dozen flowered - and what beauties they were too - but hopefully the others will give a show this year.  Beautiful, beautiful flowers.

Hope you all have a nice Easter whatever you do and if you are going away, have safe journeys. Us? We're staying at home and very pleased to do so.

Bren

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
Yes. Hope you all have a nice Easter, Just came back from a week in Southern Spain weather was great. But the weather here in UK not so good, well its Easter you dont expect it do you.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.