Author Topic: Downham Reminiscence Group  (Read 3523 times)

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Downham Reminiscence Group
« on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »
Sadly my friend Dave`s uncle passed away last week. But Dave has loaned me a folder of information from people who lived on the estate during the war. The DRG has now dispanded and i dont know if this information has been seen by you before i was on this site. But if any of you are interested and have not seen it i will have it posted ( It might take a while if i have to type it all out ) or i could do a copy and send to Mike and with his knowledge put on this site, please let me know. Oh by the way i didn`t know that Beckenham Place Park was used as a POW Camp?
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Downham Reminiscence Group
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:22:32 AM »
No, definitely didn't know that about Beckenham Place Park.  Most interesting.

I guess the members of the Downham Reminiscence Group have thinned too much for it to be a viable proposition any more.  They did a grand job and I do hope their material doesn't get lost after all their hard work.

I did write to one of the founding members, Queenie Mortimer, at Christmas but didn't get a card from her as is usual.  I know she has become more frail and her vision is almost nil these days but of course, it's possible she is no longer with us.

Bren

Jane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:26:26 AM »
Queenie is still with us but is very frail and her vision is very poor. Sadly Brian Rabson, who contributed so many photos to the Downham Originals website, passed away last year.

A link to some of the material from the Downham Reminiscence group and the website can be found here http://www.goldsmithscommunitycentre.info/#/downham-originals/4535900455

Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:15:03 AM »
Queenie is still with us but is very frail and her vision is very poor. Sadly Brian Rabson, who contributed so many photos to the Downham Originals website, passed away last year.

A link to some of the material from the Downham Reminiscence group and the website can be found here http://www.goldsmithscommunitycentre.info/#/downham-originals/4535900455

Thanks for that, Jane.  I will continue to send my usual greetings to Queenie in the hope someone reads them to her and she knows I have not forgotten her.

Bren