Author Topic: Unsellables UK  (Read 2760 times)

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
Unsellables UK
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Unsellable UK, is a program made in England about people having difficulty selling their homes.On February 17 just past,they aired a show here in Canuck land, and it was about a place near Grove Park station, went crackers when I saw it, They showed the outside of the station, and what was probably Baring rd and the top of Downham way. Could not clue into what street the house was on. They showed the Downham Tavern and the Downham Health and fitness centre. I think the program is a few years old. I cannot register in my mind the location of the Downham Tavern,(always boozed down the bottom) can some one enlighten me please. Maybe it will come to your TV station.   Smiffy.   :)
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Unsellables UK
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:18:33 PM »
The Downham Tavern was part of the Southover shopping area.  It straddled the area between the ends of Moorside Road and Capstone Road.  Huge place.  So, if you got on the bus 'down the bottom' and went 'up the top' to the shops, that's where you would get off.

Bren

JSmith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:29:11 AM »
Hi Brenda     Thanks I had an idea that was where it was. Which makes me think now that the house may have been on Mooreside road, but it did not look like a council house when I think of the "types of houses forum that is discussed" . I think you are a "smasher", Dickie isnt the only one.  Anycase look out for the program if you are interested in getting a nice thrill out of seeing the old place on TV.  Smiffy   :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:32:22 AM by JSmith »
Born 1945 Churchdown road.

You can take the Boy out of Downham,but you cant take Downham out of the Boy.

Splinter

• MSN Messenger - jef55@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:03 AM »
You were correct Brenda the Tavern was huge, but the new one isn`t. They pulled the big one down and built a CO-OP supermarket their and put a much smaller pub in front on Downham Way.
Born in Pendragon Road 1954 Family lived in house since 1935 Bought in 1970/1 Still own it.